Discussion topic: fibre connection lost

This message was authored by jess121212 This message was authored by: jess121212

fibre connection lost

Hi, Could anyone tell me what's going on with my sky hub please? It's never had this problem before. 

Thanks for any help

Jess

00:43:39 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
 00:52:50 syslog: (removed) eth3 (Ext switch port: 4) (Logical Port: 12) Link DOWN.
 00:52:51 syslog: eth3.1 - WAN link DOWN.
 00:52:51 syslog: DHCP lease expired from server. Connection DOWN.
 00:52:54 syslog: Voice IP Connection Down
 00:52:56 syslog: Voice Disconnected
 00:52:58 syslog: sky dhcpc client (v0.0.1) started
 00:53:03 syslog: sky dhcpc client (v0.0.1) started
 01:09:10 syslog: Send out NTP request to ntp1.isp.sky.com
 syslog: (removed)  eth3 (Ext switch port: 4) (Logical Port: 12) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
 01:10:08 syslog: sky dhcpc client (v0.0.1) started
 01:10:22 syslog: sky dhcpc client (v0.0.1) started
 01:10:26 syslog: eth3.1 - WAN link UP.
 01:10:26 syslog: Received valid DHCP lease from server. Connection UP.
 01:10:26 syslog: Connection Up. SNO/MAC/IP/SWVER/IPv6: (removed)  deleted for privacy
 01:10:26 syslog: Send out NTP request to ntp1.isp.sky.com
 01:10:26 syslog: Received NTP Sync Reply from ntp1.isp.sky.com
 01:10:26 syslog: System time is up to date
 01:10:26 syslog: Received NTP Sync Reply from ntp1.isp.sky.com
 01:10:26 syslog: TR69: Connect to Production ACS
 01:10:26 syslog: TR69: Connection to ACS Complete
 01:10:30 syslog: bind 0.0.0.0 - Address already in use
 01:10:34 syslog: WAN IPV6 UP
 01:10:34 syslog: Voice IP Connection Up: deleted for privacy
 01:10:34 syslog: Connection Up. SNO/MAC/IP/SWVER/IPv6: (removed) deleted for privacy
 01:10:42 syslog: TR69: Close ACS Connection
 01:10:42 syslog: Voice Disconnected
 01:10:46 syslog: Voice Connecting
 01:10:46 syslog: Voice Connected

Moderator comments: removed personal information

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: fibre connection lost

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jess121212 you lost connection for roughly 20 minutes at 12.50am. It is not that rare to lose connection in the early hours as it is when network mainttainance and upgrades are scheduled. Its nothing you can control and the work is scheduled then to minimise impact on users. They can happen for a few days or a week then stop. 

However if you see drops through the working day there can be an issue you need to report. Watch the lights on the ONT unit as these show if there is an issue with the light carrier signal. If they stay green then it is an issue in the backend network.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Chrisee 

Mine went off same time still on 7.02.0201.RM?

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

@TechmanagerMal I would expect afirmware updates to cause a restart. The log entry was a loss of IP address which is why it could be Sky swapping something etc. loads of different points of presence around the country so you could be on the same one or something else happened.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
jess121212
Topic Author
This message was authored by jess121212 This message was authored by: jess121212

Thank you for replying. So everything looks quite normal? I was worried about hacking. First time this has happened with the new hub. Thanks again for your replies, I appreciate it 🙂

@jess121212 yes it looks normal, hacking of the fibre feed is very unlikely unless you are the target of law enforcement or a foreign security service. 😀 

The risk of hacking is mainly from responding to one of the various phishing attempts we all get. Your hub has a firewall that by default prevents any external server from gaining access to your network unless first requested to by one of your devices. The next layer of protection is whatever security software your device is running but all of that good stuff can be undone by you clicking on a link to a chunk of malware. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion