Discussion topic: broadband installed phone not working

This message was authored by fonz01 This message was authored by: fonz01

broadband installed phone not working

hi

we had broadband installed today and everything is working fine in that area except the phone is not working, its saying to check the line, the engineer fitted the hub in my room but the main line is in my mothers room, we used to connect the wire to the router and all would be ok, however the engineer did not connect this wire (i have done) and still the phone is not working, wondering if you could advise thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Re: broadband installed phone not working

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @fonz01 and advised the phone now needs plugging into the hub now theyve migrated to voip

Thanks for the escalation 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fonz01  Which router did Sky provide you with from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi fonz01

I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @fonz01 and advised the phone now needs plugging into the hub now theyve migrated to voip

Thanks for the escalation 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion