Discussion topic: Will I lose connection on change over day?

This message was authored by Ihatetrees This message was authored by: Ihatetrees

Will I lose connection on change over day?

Morning 😁 I am switching from normal to fibre broadband next week. When arranged the sky advisor told me I wouldnt lose connection on the day. But I've now had emails saying the connection will go live anytime upto midnight. So, does anyone know if thay meams that I will indeed loose connection at some point?. This will cause huge issues as I rely on it for work.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Will I lose connection on change over day?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ihatetrees it is difficult to predict exactly but if you are going from a standard service over copper to full,fibre the copper service is not mormally switched off until the fibre service is up and running but given an engineer will be installing kit for roughly an hour it is fairly disruptive. You will get given an am or pm slot.

If its a switch being done remotely from ADSL to Superfast typically you will typically lose connection for under an hour as the engineers have to do work at the exchange then drive to your cabinet and make connections there. If you work is that important I would bail out for a day or use mobile data.

Word to the wise you are using a connection sold for domestic use for work which you can of course do but you get no priority for repairs etc so it is sensible to have a fallback planned for when the service is unavailable. Standard leadtime for action to sort issues is 2 working days ie report a fault today Friday dont expect the fault to be fixed until Tuesday. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion