Discussion topic: Wifi speed drop

This message was authored by Daddydad This message was authored by: Daddydad

Wifi speed drop

Good afternoon all.

I have sky superfast broadband and just recently the wifi speed to my phone and daughters phone has dropped from between 25/35mbs to 16ish sometimes lower. I have tried the re boot, hard re boot, changed the wifi channels 1 to 13 all slow, tried older sky wifi box same slow speed, spoke to sky twice over the phone and had new wifi box sent out, even that is the same slower speed. Sky and my self have run speed checks and to the house we get 36mbs..

Nothing has changed at all in my house, only noticed when ps4 was lagging, the slow speed happens through the day all day. Ive even checked the bt box indoors incase it got damaged..

Im out of ideas now lol

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Wifi speed drop

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Daddydad 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Daddydad
Topic Author

Hello there, thank you for the reply, i took a screenshot of the stats. Hope you can see it clearly. 

Many thanks 

Screenshot_20220530_193359_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

• Not clear can you cut and paste or Snip the details?
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Daddydad
Topic Author

Screenshot 2022-05-313833470726806437754.png

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Daddydad 

Your stats are showing that the line is fine and you are getting the speed so it sounds like WiFi conditions around your home have changed and the higher speed is no longer achievable. If you use an ethernet cable you should get the correct speed. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by paulw12345 This message was authored by: paulw12345

Ethernet to ps4 is a must for me, Netflix and qbox as well,  with a switch behind tv.

Daddydad
Topic Author

Hi paul. 

Unfortunately it wouldn't help me at the moment as i connected my laptop via Ethernet and it gave the same reading as the wifi signal, i did the scan a few times too just to check. I used both the ookla scan and sky apps line check, i am recieving 35/36 to the house but from 3 tested sky wifi boxes to my other phones is 16mbs. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion