Discussion topic: WiFi not working

This message was authored by Lauren80 This message was authored by: Lauren80

WiFi not working

Hi can anyone offer any help, my sky internet box has been flashing amber since yesterday morning when it has worked absolutely fine since I got it. I've tried looking on the app and there's no problems with WiFi in my area, I've made sure it's all plugged in correct and tried to reset it and still no luck. Any help Is appreciated 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: WiFi not working

@Lauren80 

Which light on the internet broadband router is flashing, if it is the broadband/internet light and flashing amber then you have a broadband line fault that needs addressing.

Recommend you establish which light is flashing wireless or internet amber, and come back to the thread to confirm which light is flashing.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Lauren80
Topic Author

Hi Mae, thanks for replying. It is the power button the very first one that is flashing, the internet button is flashing too but not as bright if that makes sense. I have checked my service online and it says there is a problem with my broadband but the things sky suggest I do to resolve it hasn't. 

@Lauren80 

If the power light is red or dim then the router has a power supply fault and needs replacing.

Recommend you contact Sky for a replacement router.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Kiera82 This message was authored by: Kiera82

Hi my wifi is not working and i have an orange light over internet. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks.

Lauren80
Topic Author

The power light is flashing amber, should I call sky does this mean there is a fault? It was working absolutely fine until yesterday morning

@Lauren80 

The same applies to a flashing power supply light you need a replacement router, and only Sky can provide that for you so contact them by phone.

-------

@Kiera82 

A flashing amber light on the internet means the broadband line is down, you'll need an engineer assigned by Sky to fix the broadband line.

Recommend you contact Sky to arrange an Openreach engineer to fix the broadband line.

-------

This message was authored by Kiera82 This message was authored by: Kiera82

@mae-3 

Thank you so much for your help. Ill contact them now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion