Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by cealw This message was authored by: cealw

Re: WiFi Max

Thanks for the reply hopefully this will be enabled in the future!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cealw port forwarding is planned according to Sky..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

@adwarduk @Chrisee 

Thanks for the update.  I've spoken to Sky this morning.  This is my update from Broadband support:

• Backoffice support returned saying no faults found and a line test confirmed it.  
  • Broadband support were unable to run a line test and subsequently returned it to backoffice support.
  • My CRF was closed without informing me, something they said they would not do. 
  • I advised that a line test on my side was successful but could not understand how a fibre line test status report deals with specific service issues of Unable to change SSID, VOIP not functioning at all and pod not funtioning at all.  I power cycled my device this morning whilst the support guy was on the line and he said he was still unable to perform a line test.
  • I mentioned the provisioning issue which he didn't seem to be aware off. 
  • He has sent the my case back to backoffice and will probably send out a replacement router within the next 72 hours. 
  • He wanted to send out an engineer but I refused this. 

I have advised that Sky have said that neither a replacement router or engineer visit would resolve as this is a provisioning issue (or so I'm told) I didn't refuse the new router.  

I'm very frustrated at the moment and advised that the inconsistent and contradictory information was not good enough.  An official statement from Sky would be helpful.  It seems backoffice have not read or understood the problems I'm having and completing a linetest was considered enough to close the ticket down.  I asked about the provisioning but he didn't know what I was referring to.  

I hope this post and my previous ones can get to someone relevant at Sky 😞  @KevNewMedia could you assist here?

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

We don't have access to your account in the Community, so it makes it very difficult to comment, or advise where things are at, in resolving the CRF that was raised for you.  I have however, shared your posts and comments with the project team @Chimpishuk 

For everyone, do bear in mind that WiFi Engineers can feed back their findings into the business, when they witness problems. They aren't there just to connect things up, or change them and have their own tools and training 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

@KevNewMedia 

Thank you Kev that's much appreciated.  To confirm the problems I have are:

• Initially new router would allow SSID and password amendment but then after several hours it would revert to Sky default SSID.  And this would reoccur every few hours. 
  • After factory reset the SSID cannot be changed at all. 
  • VOIP does not function at all. 
  • Adding a POD results in traffic issues.  Both at LAN and WAN issues.  Devices connected to POD cannot ping devices connected to the router. And, contrariwise devices connected to the router cannot ping devices connected to the POD.  This isn't just limited to ICMP.  RDP, HTTPS and FTP over LAN are also failing on the LAN.  WAN breakout from the POD is intermittent.  Power cycling the POD can result in failure for devices attempting to connect and no WAN breakout.  
  • I have been told this is a provisioning problem, back office say a line test shows no issues and broadband support may want to send out a replacement router.  Although others have said neither a replacement router or engineer visit would resolve my issue.  I've had the router for over a week now.  
SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.
This message was authored by Aurynfire This message was authored by: Aurynfire

Been with Sky almost 12 years up to this point but if my Sky router ever ends up failing and I am offered this router with no way to change settings outside of the app then I think I might have to eventually change ISP

Sad times 😞

Fantastically Autistic
This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

@Chimpishuk @Chrisee -  so my new hub arrived & once connected I have exactly ur symptoms with a few added extras.  Hub doesn't appear in the app at all, then can't connect then pods wouldn't connect.  So I tried something thinking is this a comms issue to the management infra.  The solution login to the web interface, find the firewall and set it to medium or high, give it 30 seconds or so then use the reset to defaults button in the firewall panel (doesn't make sense I know).  You see the top setting I.e ur level will stick but all ur pods should now connect & the app should work properly. If it works for you as well I'll write up the scenario   I've a call tomorrow with the  tech team tomorrow who want all my test cases for bugs etc and reproduction steps etc I.e they are showing an interest etc but at the in depth level which is good. 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@adwarduk I was told yesterday that the hub and pods have to be added to the app by Sky for them to connect. This should be done before dispatch which was true for my hub but looks it may have been missed for the pod. I am not 100% sure but I think it was added after I reported the issue as it has had no problem since that morning. 

I wonder if your replacements have not been correctly added?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee yep was told the same.  Have spoken to sky at all today hub reboot etc didn't work, firewall trick did.  There's something in the remote management area that maybe a little buggy shall we say. Touch wood new hubs connected and stable (only a couple of hrs since I got the connection to the app issue sorted, hub had been connected since yesterday evening). 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏

@adwarduk  @Chrisee 

I was told yesterday that the issues with changing SSID, lack of VOIP and issues with POD's is not resolved and remains under investigation.  

I was also told replacing router hardware would not resolve the issue. 

@Aurynfire 

This is early firmware don't forget and it is, in theory, a good router.  Particularlly if you have wifi six devices and fttp.  I have gigafast and the speeds I'm getting from my Macbook Air M2 and Pixel 7 Pro on wireless exceed 850mbps.  

I'm having issues with a number of things that need ironing out but they are under investigation.  Admittedly I would've preferred the router to be entirely web managed.  

@Chimpishuk @Chrisee - not had the voip issue but the pods not adding & ssid one definitely seems better after nudging the firewall (famous last words of course). The one thing it does do with a new replacement router which is good is if you've made changes synced to the management infra the new router does get those settings which is good (well unless it's the setting that's broken it in the first place)  like you say early days for the product and it doesn't matter how much testing sky do you'll find issues 

@adwarduk  I've just toggled my firewall security settings and now my VOIP is working.  I suppose I should try my SSID now.  🙂 thanks for sharing that info.   Of course it's possible Sky have done something on the backend but I haven't heard anything from them.  If the SSID change works, I'll add the POD again.  

@Chimpishuk @Chrisee - your welcome 🙂 I think something is horribly broken in the firewall and interface like I say I had to update the setting save it then revert to defaults.  I need to scan it later to see what horrible holes are open.  The engineering team also need to separate the management rules away from the rules we can touch. Fairly easy to do but if done badly open horrible holes either in the router or our networks. 

@adwarduk @Chrisee 

You can check the logs to see inbound attempts on the fw.  

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion