Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by mandip This message was authored by: mandip

Re: WiFi Max

Sky Wi-Fi Max l had my doubts 

but took a chance so l paying an extra I think £6.50 a month extra on top of my £52 to have WIFI6  on gigbit boardband 

IMG_1448.png

let me tel you it is amazing 

on Wi-Fi  gigbit  before the upgrade l was getting 420mbps to 512mbps if l were lucky

most other time was getting 420mbps

with the new WI-FI 6 technology built in this router l am known getting 760mbps to max 870mbps and that's on Wi-Fi as long you've got Wi-Fi 6 devices 

this test was done on iPhone 13 Pro  1tb model

I've got a p30 pro phone 

it's not Wi-Fi 6 and on there before it was only 400mbps to 450mbps

With new Wi-Fi 6 it is known 640mbps

do about a 200mbps increase and that's on a none Wi-Fi 6 phone

Totally awesome

This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

To be honest I just unboxed the the extender, I've reverted to SR203.  I can't run a network with the ssid changing back to default SSID, inaccuracies in the web management and app. The web management confirms reverted back to original SSID. App still says it's what I normally set my ssids to. Confirmed whilst MacBook and phone connected to the new router via ethernet. It's done this about 10 times in 24 hours.

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

I'll probably ring sky support and give them a chance to send out another router. If that fails with a new SDID I'll send the whole back.

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.

@Chrisee 

Just spoke to Sky support they've recommended a reset to factory settings which can be done from the web management.

He's also asked internally to confirm if there are any other cases of SSID's randomly changing back to default.  I now also have the pod so my next step will be to:

1. Change SSID and password.

2.  Change admin password for web management.

3. Configure the pod.

4.  Wait......

5.  If same behaviour is occurring I'll review the logs from the web management page.

If this doesn't resolve I'm thinking it could be a router hw issue, firmware or possibly a known issue.

I'll let you know how it goes. 

This message was authored by Henry+P This message was authored by: Henry+P

I've just been on the phone for nearly one hour trying to upgrade to WiFi Max, and none of the agents knew how to upgrade me!!!!

Eventually I was told to phone back in a month! 
Not great service!

Is it actually worth upgrading to?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chimpishuk 

Yes @adwarduk  was the first to mention the ssid issue

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Did you go to the broadband  department  sky, and do you have sky glass  as we are the only people  who can update  the hub to the new sky wifi  hub at the moment 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Henry+P wrote:

I've just been on the phone for nearly one hour trying to upgrade to WiFi Max, and none of the agents knew how to upgrade me!!!!

Eventually I was told to phone back in a month! 
Not great service!

Is it actually worth upgrading to?

@Henry+P not good at all do you have a TV package with Sky and if so which one 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Yes,

I have Sky Superfast fibre to property and Sky Q.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Henry+P 

Sky q customers will be elligible later on in the year due to the different sky q mesh

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Not available  to sky q customers  until  later in the year, sky glass  and stream customers only and you need to be on superfamily broadband  to

I went through to the broadband dept who could not help and passed me on to someone else, who again could not help!

@Henry+P 

Hi, I think it can be ordered through the app.  If you're using IOS device.  I tried to do it via my pixel and it didn't work.  With that said I couldn't order it via my wifes iphone.  I rang my order through - I think it was the glass or stream team.  Incidentally, they seem to be doing some of the basic troubleshooting. 

In terms of is it worth it?  If you have a lot of devices that are wifi6 capable and you have a speed above 500mbps in your contract I would say yes, it makes a huge difference as a gigafast customer.  

There was not any mention of this on the website?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Sounds like a plan @Chimpishuk my system is definitely calming down. Reading about Plume it does use AI so l assume it "learns" as it optimises the coverage. Jury is out for me. Sky are still trying to set up,an engineer to come out but their system is fighting them at the moment.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion