Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WiFi Max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chimpishuk no issues with my unit changing its SSID but I have left it on its defaults. Have you been using the wps function? Beware as if you hold that button down it resets the hub. I find a short press works just watch the led which changes from white to blue when wps is active.

My pod order is not showing either so maybe that is the way it is.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Chimpishuk 

@Chrisee 

I moved one post to superuser group as an advisory that possibly once pods are ordered the ssid may change in that i think not even back to the original

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Chimpishuk 

Its been returned to this thread

"at exactly the time the pod showed in my accout the MaxHubs wifi network names have reset to default as has the wifi password,  nothing else has changed and to make it even more weird the name and password on the hub now don't match whats in the app (Thankfully i've all defaults and my new details saved just to play safe"

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Chrisee wrote:

Beware as if you hold that button down it resets the hub.

I can't work out if that's clever design or really, really stupid ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

My pod was ordered today. And it's possible that since it's appeared in my device list it could be the cause what kind of (removed) makes a decision like that.

Currently my old hub is connected. 

Moderator comments: removed inappropriate language 

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.

@Chimpishuk I also ordered a pod and the SSID did not change. You are jumping to quite a big conclusion based on one event.  

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Chimpishuk This message was authored by: Chimpishuk

mebe. Somoeone else reported it apparently.  

My pod arrived but I don't have time atm for a router changing SSID or the support time it makes to get through to them. 

SKY Gigafast | SKY Router SR203 | Sky WiFi Booster 4 | SKY Stream | SKY Stream Puck x3 | SKY Protect Insurance | SKY Protect Indoor Camera X2 | SKY Protect Motion Sensor X3 | Sky Protect Contact Sensors X6 | SKY Environment Sensors X3 | TV LG C2 65 OLED | TV Samsung 43 QLED | TV Philips 65 LED Android TV with integrated Hue | Google NEST Paired Speakers (Room filling) | Google NEST External Camera x2 with anti-theft | Google NEST Thermostat GEN v3 X2 | Google NEST Hub GEN v2 X2 Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Hub Max Wall Mounted with trunking | Google NEST Doorbell | Google NEST Aware Plus | Google Pixel v7 Pro | Google One Subscription | Philips Hue Bridge | Philips Hue White & Colour Ambience bulbs various locations | Philips Hue Switches X4 | Philips Hue Light Strips X 2 | Philips Hue Signe Gradient Table Lamp X2 | Apple iPad Pro M2 | Apple Mac Mini M1 | Apple Macbook Air M2 | XBOX Series X | PS5 | Switch OLED | CAT6 Cabling throughout. | FTTP openreach | Virgin Cable to the door | Whippet puppy x 1.

@Chimpishuk 

@adwarduk has your mysteriously changing ssid and username password issue been resolved?

This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

@cookiemonsteruk  I've left the ssid alone for now as I have another pod being delivered and I don't fancy reconnecting 4 stream devices etc. Other than that so far it's been stable although you get near the edge of the range with a pod it plays ping pond on the WiFi bands 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏

Also broke Google home services through-out my entire home.  Including any paired speakers.  Hue etc 

I'm returning I think.  Will stick with the SR203, turn off wifi and let BT whole home handle the wifi 6. 

Nope.  Happens around every two hours. 

@Chimpishuk & @adwarduk I also got a pod this morning that is acting bizarrely and has de-stabilised the network. Spoken to a senior tech who is arranging an engineer to come out as their tests make no sense. Could be a faulty unit so I am unplugging it until then.

@Chrisee the weird behaviour im still seeing is the pod name changes in the app every few minutes and the back haul channel is changing from as an example 48 to 149 both valid bands but very weird behaviour.  I've reported it to support, when the 2nd pod arrives I'll see how it behaves 

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏

@adwarduk a few reboots and a hub reset later and things are settling down. Speeds on the two other levels in my house are far better - worse case is 150Mb/s. The pod seems stable although there are oddities. I will give it a few days to see if itvremains stable.

@Chrisee I suspect once my 2nd pods on it'll stabilise. I did a factory reset on the hub when I first got it,  have learnt with any isp hub it's often need & is a good way to nudge the first firmware update if needed.   One plus we'll all know the quirks to help others and feedback to sky as well. And to be fair the last two support guys have known there stuff to. Were even keen for a share session to see the quirks so they could feed them back to engineering with the test case & evidence 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion