Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by bob7642 This message was authored by: bob7642

Re: Sky max router log in problem

All sorted now thanks for the help

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

How did you fix the problem @bob7642 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by bob7642 This message was authored by: bob7642

Schoolboy error on my part I was using my sky username instead of admin, I wanted to change my sky WiFi name and password, you're not recommend to do it via router settings anymore you simply do it via the mysky app. @KevNewMedia 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Sky wifi max

Just got my new hub easy to setup done in less than  20minutes  working well with  sky glass 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky wifi max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@peter-marlow+1966 is thst the new Wifi Max unit?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Aurynfire This message was authored by: Aurynfire

Whats the range of options like without the sky app aka via 192.168.0.1

Fantastically Autistic
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: WiFi Max

Posted by a Sky employee

I've merged some posts to bring the feed back together, in one place.  Some posts might look out of order as a result.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Nigelynwa This message was authored by: Nigelynwa

Hi 

Are you correct in saying you can't show different names for 2.4 & 5 ranges as i done this on virgin - I can get giga fast sky now but wouldn't change if cant keep these seperate

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nigelynwa 

That is apparently not possible on the Max Hub.

Note that it can be done on the default Sky Broadband Hub: the Max service (with the loan of a Max Hub) is a subscription supplement at extra cost.

The Sky Broadband Hub is however 802.11ac rather than 802.11ax

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: SKY WIFi 6 delivery

@Baggienath7 the new hub is incompatable with the old boosters you will need to get Sky to send you the special wifi 6 pods if the new hub cannot provide coversge in your home. Turn off the old boosters as they will interfere with your new router.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Coxybear This message was authored by: Coxybear

I have received the new hub you can not log into the hub it as to be though the my sky app. 

I have now lost a lot of equipment like cctv as it runs on 2.5ghz and can not be separated ssid I'm so annoyed 

The advanced setting on the my sky app just let's you turn off WiFi why would you even want that. Don't upgrade its rubbish.

😕 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Coxybear wrote:

I have now lost a lot of equipment like cctv as it runs on 2.5ghz and can not be separated ssid

Yes: we've raised this with Sky, as it seems like a retrograde move not to be able to unsynchronise and rename the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.  I have a feeling that this is associated with the use of the Plume technology in the Hub and pods though, and so may be inherent to the hardware.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Coxybear 

Have a read below suggesting in this 5ghz can be disable to allow any 2.4ghz devices to connect to the 2.4ghz. Then presumably once 5ghz is re enabled then the 2.4 device should stay . Here's hoping

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-wifi-max-hub-settings

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@Coxybear 

As @cookiemonsteruk indicates, typically the problem stems from the IoT hardware device being on 2.4Ghz because it only has a 2.4Ghz WiFi chipset, while the app host (usually a phone / tablet) defaults to 5Ghz for a faster connection despite also having 2.4Ghz available.  Temporarily disabling 5Ghz on the Max Hub should in theory force the app host onto 2.4Ghz, permitting the app to connect with the IoT device it is supposed to be controlling.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Coxybear 

And please get back to us with your findings. As far as i am aware you are the first customer to raise the issue and we need your findings to help other customers

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion