Discussion topic: WiFi Max

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: WiFi Max

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Coxybear 

As far as i am aware you are the first customer to raise the issue

I would add that I suppose this might raise a possibility the My Sky app doesn't then reconnect with the Max Hub over 2.4Ghz in order to be able to reactivate 5Ghz  ; (

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@TimmyBGood 

It does say disabling both (obviously) would require ethernet. So i can't any thing that prevents using 2.4ghz from reconnecting to re enable the 5ghz

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@TimmyBGood 

So i can't any thing that prevents using 2.4ghz from reconnecting to re enable the 5ghz

I don't think I'd entirely trust the My Sky app, though ; )

Ethernet hopefully gives a fallback (which would be good) and I'd expect a Hub hardware reset to re-enable both bands if things really go wrong.

This message was authored by Coxybear This message was authored by: Coxybear

Yes you are right it's all locked down 

This message was authored by the.sutherllands This message was authored by: the.sutherllands

I currently have a hardwired Sky Booster that I purchased outright in order to give suitable WiFi coverage.

When signing  up for Max, can you request a plume booster with the order or do we need to jump through the hoops of having an engineer visit to tell me what I already know?

@the.sutherllands 

This page suggests to me that it's the same as with Broadband Boost and only the Max Hub is sent initially.

A post earlier indicates that a pod was despatched as soon as the Hub user raised an issue.

This message was authored by Coxybear This message was authored by: Coxybear

They will send you one out if you contact them if you need more a engineer is sent out. 

My experience so far is you will need more 

This message was authored by Myles+Tagoyet This message was authored by: Myles+Tagoyet

Good afternoon all,

Forgive me if this is asked, and answered elsewhere (I'm new and am bound to ask daft questions for a while) but.....

How does one go about getting the "pods" which I presume form some sort of mesh network? 

I ask, as when speaking to the Sky sales peeps, I specifically emntiioned that my current ISP provides 3 "discs" to spread the wifi throughout the house (old welsh farm house with 3ft thick walls) I was told I could request "up to 3" but that they wouldn't be available until my account was live etc...

I cannot find a link to get me to the request a booster/pod etc.... so if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction - I would be greatful.

This message was authored by adwarduk This message was authored by: adwarduk

So has anyone with superfast had any luck ordering wifi max?  Been told by an advisor now I can't have sky bb (funny as I want to add to what I have)  and the last advisors now stating I have to be sogea to get the service.  Funnily enough they'll quite happily try and sell me the service for my other line and do a cease on this one at a massive cost as I'm in contract.

Whilst the service is good,  I've had nothing but issues everytime I try and add things or change a service (Don't get me started on the move from Q to Stream).  Be interested to hear other people experiences.  My line definitely supports the digital voice services so that can't be used as an excuse either.  Heck even vodafone will offer a service on the line with all the same services just a) there customer service makes this look good. b) there speeds can be very varied.

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@adwarduk 

"Don't get me started on the move from Q to Stream"

The max hub isn't available to people, myself included, who have sky q tv

The underlying for sky q mesh was governed by airties mesh. Whilst the max hub and pods are plume.  Don't expect the option for sky max hub in conjunction with sky q until later on this year

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@adwarduk 

Additionally what speed are you getting?

The max hub is compatible with vdsl fttc and fttp but not with ultrafast 150Mbps via g.fast

Im fully on sky stream was just a painful switch. Currently on superfast syncing at 79.9mb.  Wanted to go max for the wifi6 for the improved comms on the WiFi network in general. And know on anything but ultrafast the guarentee is only 10mb.  Tbh I suspect its an issue on my account

Sky stream, sky ultrafast with WiFi Max inc pods. BT halo3+ for none home usage. All round nerd 邏

@adwarduk 

Ah, sky stream then you should be a priority as far as i am aware to get one..

Is sky your isp?

Call sky on 150 from your landline if you wish to proceed and make them aware that you are a sky stream customer

@adwarduk 

I have also sort clarification on the Sogea bit

@cookiemonsteruk thanks, yep on this line sky are my isp. I had massive issues with my account when switching to stream to the point where it went to the back office to fudge I mean resolve issues. I'll try raising a complaint especially as like I say I have a 2nd line which they would sell me it on (except you can't have two domestic lines on the same sky account which I understand).  It's a shame the I. T makes it hard for the teams especially when the BB is quick & 90% of the time rock solid. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion