Discussion topic: WiFi Booster

This message was authored by Rocket11617 This message was authored by: Rocket11617

WiFi Booster

I've just had Gigifast installed but I'm only getting 2 bars so I need a recommendation for a WiFi booster? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: WiFi Booster

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rocket11617 

You could look at getting a Sky booster via the Sky boost addon or purchase your own router/AP/mesh system. Most work fine 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Rocket11617 

You could look at getting a Sky booster via the Sky boost addon or purchase your own router/AP/mesh system. Most work fine 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Rocket11617
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rocket11617 This message was authored by: Rocket11617

I've ordered this extender, I hope I've chosen the right product? 

IMG_0053.png

Rocket11617
Topic Author

Should I split my WiFi between 2.4 and 5Ghz now I'm on Gigafast? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Rocket11617 

I would say thats a poor choice to be honest. Its a 2.4ghz WirelessN device with a maximum throughput of 300mbps (usually way lower in practice) its very outdated hardware for a 1gbps fibre connection. You want something that is at least dual band. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Rocket11617
Topic Author

Is there a way that I can check if my complaint via iCloud email has been received/opened at all? 

the complaint is about my WiFi connection being activated but not being the promised broadband speeds.

@Rocket11617 

Sky will not respond to a complaint unless you have been through customer services first, additionally they do not provide support via email.

Can you please tell us how you have tested the broadband speed to determine it is not correct? From your last post it looks like you were using a poor WiFi connection which is never going to get near gigafast speeds, nor does Sky promise you'll get gigafast speeds over WiFi. Additionally you posted a screenshot of a product you'd bought from Amazon which is an extender using Wireless N technology which realistically would only provide speeds of 10-100mbps. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Rocket11617
Topic Author

I spoke to sky via the customer service line and the customer service team told me to email them screenshots of the internet speed tests? 

I am still using Sky's own router that was sent out with the engineer.

it was definitely the Sky team because the community gave me the number. 

I also need to know if there is a way to check if my email was opened because of work enquiries so if you also know that it would be great!  

@Rocket11617 

I have never heard of Sky asking for images of speedtests to be sent in via email. Chat via FB/Website messaging maybe but not email

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Polly0822 This message was authored by: Polly0822

It's a joke u never get the spreed then they blame 1 boy sitting in his room on fornight for few hours like come on u for real here 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion