Discussion topic: Wi-Fi 6 Router for Sky Fibre

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Wi-Fi 6 Router for Sky Fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kenny+Rankin wrote:

No details on spec 

Almost certainly the same unit as recently released for service with Sky business broadband but without the multiple phone handset ports.  Will be interesting to see if they carry the cellular failover and Guest SSID into the domestic product though.

Connect_Hub_front.png

Connect_Hub_rear.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by hpsims77 This message was authored by: hpsims77

Sorry to jump in on this post, 

What are peoples opinion on the Asus ax59U as really like the sleek look and feel and no antennaes on show but thothing on here about it when listing asus models to use with sky.

I'm going to link my sky hub to the ONT (currently running FTTP) so can use phone and sky boxes and use this asus as an access point and boost the WiFi signal  with other access points around the lower floors of the house ??

This message was authored by tangoed This message was authored by: tangoed

@hpsims77 Looks a sharp Router. Should be fine as a WiFi booster. And can add more to Mesh as required. Let's know.

Sky fibre at 500 Meg - ASUS router.
This message was authored by warbkingtonlounge This message was authored by: warbkingtonlounge

Also jumping in, apologies.

I too would like to go to Asus but am not yet confident enough to ditch my landline. What is the set up required if the sky hub is retained and yhevasus connected via ethernet pleae?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion