Discussion topic: Where to find ip address password and username as I don’t believe I have one.

This message was authored by Kirkwhat This message was authored by: Kirkwhat

Where to find ip address password and username as I don’t believe I have one.

I need to log into the ip address settings but it requires a user name and password and arent sure I know what they are do I need to request them ? Thanks In advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Where to find ip address password and username as I don’t believe I have one.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you are trying to login to your broadband hub then use the username: admin and password: sky OR, your WIFI password.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Where to find ip address password and username as I don’t believe I have one.

@Kirkwhat if you are trying to log into your Sky hub try not to use an Apple device using ios as there is an incompatability which means you wont always get in even with entering the correct log in details.  Worse even when you do get in you can't save changes. Use a different device like a windows laptop if possible if stuck with using an iPhone then use Chrome rather than Safari.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Kirkwhat 

Default credentials are below the relevant Hub

Hubs.png

Apple devices can be problematic when accessing the Hub, if you use one try using a different browser other than Safari.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
Kirkwhat
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kirkwhat This message was authored by: Kirkwhat

Thanks alot man thats exactly what i needed

This message was authored by Shellynic This message was authored by: Shellynic

I have tried the above fixes & nothing lets me log in 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Shellynic note the comment about Aplple devices if you have to use one use Chrome rather than Safari as your browser. Check you are entering the details exactly as shown above ie sky with a small s or if your hub uses the passcode you havent typed a number ratger than a letter or vice versa.

If still stuck press and hold the reset pin in until the power led flashes which returns the unit to its factory settings.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion