Discussion topic: What's my PPPoE Username and Password

This message was authored by Matthew_Smyth This message was authored by: Matthew_Smyth

What's my PPPoE Username and Password

Hi, I'm trying to set up a 3rd party router (Orbi RBR850), instead of using the Sky Hub. I'm in Ireland so I have a PPPoE connection. However, I don't know how to find my PPPoE username/password. I've tried using Wireshark but I just get back "=d,@".

I'm on a SKY ULTRAFAST+ FTTH connection (500Mb/s).

I'm also not entirely clear on how I connect the ONT to the Router, do i set up PPPoE settings then disconnect for 30 minutes?

Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: What's my PPPoE Username and Password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matthew_Smyth Sky appear to use different carriers in Ireland for full fibre including SIRO and EIR so you may want to check which provider's network you are on and try the details for that carrier's own service if tgey have one. There are relatively few Sky Ireland customers with full fibre trying to use third party routers so I cannot recall seeing a log on string posted.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion