Discussion topic: Waiting time for Sky to make Ultrafast available

This message was authored by RustySmith This message was authored by: RustySmith

Waiting time for Sky to make Ultrafast available

Having registered for updates, I received an email from Openreach on Wednesday to say that Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband is now available in my area. When I check on the Sky website, it says that it is not yet. While I'm not surprised that there may be a delay, my question is - does anybody know how long I should expect to wait? Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Waiting time for Sky to make Ultrafast available

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RustySmith 

Give sky a call on 150 from your sky landline. The online upgrade option is a bit hit and miss especially when already an in contract sky customer. Other than that sky apparently can appear to be slow on provisioning fttp when openreach have rolledwit out

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@RustySmith 

Give sky a call on 150 from your sky landline. The online upgrade option is a bit hit and miss especially when already an in contract sky customer. Other than that sky apparently can appear to be slow on provisioning fttp when openreach have rolledwit out

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

RustySmith
Topic Author
This message was authored by RustySmith This message was authored by: RustySmith

Thank you @cookiemonsteruk, much appreciated.

This message was authored by Makaveli96 This message was authored by: Makaveli96

Hey op do you recall how long u waited in the end for ultrafast to become available and did calling sky make a difference or not, in the same boat as you were back then. @RustySmith

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Makaveli96 wrote:

Hey op do you recall how long u waited in the end for ultrafast to become available and did calling sky make a difference or not, in the same boat as you were back then. @RustySmith

• If you don't get an answer before, I am ordering Ultrafast Plus tomorrow and will post here.
  • In the meantime follow this link - My Sky Broadband
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Makaveli96 

Could you enter your full postal address below and post the table after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

RustySmith
Topic Author

I don't recall the process (whether I called or just waited for Sky to notify me that it was available) but I can tell you that I had it installed in November and have been very happy with it!

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@Makaveli96 

Could you enter your full postal address below and post the table after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you are in an area where WBC FTTP isn't currently available you can try the checker on https://www.openreach.com/ which may give some indication if FTTP is going to be on it's way or not. 

Sorry to be clear i can already purchase fttp packages up to 900 mbps from other providers such as bt ee and Vodafone just waiting on sky.  I've been able to purchase from other providers for about a month now it is an fttp enabled postcode i live in. Work for sky so it is the only provider I would consider in case your wondering.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Makaveli96 wrote:

Sorry to be clear i can already purchase fttp packages up to 900 mbps from other providers such as bt ee and Vodafone just waiting on sky.  I've been able to purchase from other providers for about a month now it is an fttp enabled postcode i live in. Work for sky so it is the only provider I would consider in case your wondering.

That would depend on sky having its equipment at the exchange. They have been slow in the past in rolling out fttp even after its provisioned by openreach. Only way to find out for sure is to keep contacting sky

This message was authored by Makaveli96 This message was authored by: Makaveli96

I'll keep checking availability checker online every day then thanks.

Just ordered Gigafast it became available to purchase yesterday, so all in all took a touch over a month after openreach started to sell for sky to sell it.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Makaveli96 wrote:

all in all took a touch over a month after openreach started to sell for sky to sell it.

Could be a coincidence, or could actually be the time interval between data refreshes.  Glad it's worked out, and hope the final fit installation goes smoothly.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

@Makaveli96 wrote:

• If you don't get an answer before, I am ordering Ultrafast Plus tomorrow and will post here.
  • In the meantime follow this link - My Sky Broadband

• Ordered 29th April, installation scheduled for 13 May.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion