Discussion topic: WIFI very slow

This message was authored by Achsjd This message was authored by: Achsjd

WIFI very slow

Sky. Broadband ultrafast plus. Two range extenders supplied and fitted by Sky engineer. One of the extenders is hardwired to the router. Two sky Q boxes also in the house

Broadband coming in to the router is as it should be, however sitting approximately 3ft from the hardwired extender I'm only getting 11.9 Mbps.  I've reset all boxes inc Openreach but no change.

we've previously had up to 300 ,Mbps,.  Nothing has changed in set up or in terms of new appliances to cause interference.  If anyone can help, that would be great!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WIFI very slow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Achsjd it would seem totally pointless having the hub and an extender 3ft apart I would remove the extender as a start. The two units shouldn't normally interfere but that close together you could easily get some odd effects and ut isnt "extending" the wifi range if it is virtually co-located..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion