Discussion topic: WIFI IS NOT WORKING BUT SKY CHECKER SAYS IT IS

This message was authored by Loopz This message was authored by: Loopz

WIFI IS NOT WORKING BUT SKY CHECKER SAYS IT IS

My wifi keeps cutting in and out, I have a booster pod as well yet still continue to have issues. I use the checker and it tells me there is nothing wrong Yet all we get is passed through to here to sort it.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: WIFI IS NOT WORKING BUT SKY CHECKER SAYS IT IS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Loopz first point is it the WiFi in your home or the broadband connection to your hub that isnt working? - the LEDs on your hub will tell you which it is see https://www.sky.com/help/articles/hub-lights-explained-start

Assuming it is the broadband connection the My Sky test will give you information if you use a mobile connection.  However you have to click to run it now rather than just looking at the last routine test it displays by default. If the test does not tell you Sky are aware of a fault affecting your line call them so they can get it sorted for you.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Southampton52 This message was authored by: Southampton52

Re: WIFI IS NOT WORKING BUT SKY CHECKER SAYS IT IS

When I test connection and speeds it all appears to be good. 

I have to turn off wifi on my phone just to connect to a website or download an email via my mobile data (another network) 

Today I was trying to print from my desktop, it was not able to download hi res image from cloud.

I have checked everything there is to check on Sky website, still no joy and its impossible to speak to a human.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion