Discussion topic: Upgrading to sky ultrafast fibre.

This message was authored by EJ8 This message was authored by: EJ8

Upgrading to sky ultrafast fibre.

I am upgrading to ultrafast fibre. Engineer booked for Tuesday. Sky have said they are sending me out a new router. I currently have a sr102 router. New router hasn't arrived yet. Will my old sr102 router be sufficient for fibre. All the tutorials on sky help show plugging phone into a port marked uk telephone on the back of the router. My current router does not have this port. It has 4 yellow ethernet ports and one purple broadband port. That is all.

Plus my Ethernet yellow ports are not labelled as it says in their help guide, so I don't know which one is the wan  one.

I am worried that if I can't get my Internet sorted on the day earmarked that my daughter who works from home will not be able to work as she needs Internet access at all times. 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Upgrading to sky ultrafast fibre.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EJ8 

The new router can be delivered anytime up to the day before activation. What does it say in my orders on your my sky app?

Also as far as i am aware the sr102 does not have a wanoe (wan over ethernet) function

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Upgrading to sky ultrafast fibre.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EJ8 

No, the SR102 (Sky Hub) will not work for FTTP.  Q Hubs (ER110/115) will work, but the designated model is the SR203 (Sky Broadband Hub)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion