Discussion topic: Upgrading Ultrafast to Ultrafast Plus

This message was authored by Simon+Stapes This message was authored by: Simon+Stapes

Upgrading Ultrafast to Ultrafast Plus

Hi,

I am looking to replace my out of contract EE broadband service and out of contract BT phone line.  I have been looking at the options and Ultrafast and Ultrafast Plus with SkyTalk seem the most attractive options.  Ideally, I would choose Ultrafast Plus but it is a few £pm out of my budget at the moment, and I am also concerned by the mysterious speed issues people are reporting on here.  I was wondering if it's feasible to proceed with an Ultrafast order and then at a later date upgrade this to the Ultrafast Plus at some point in my 18-month contract when the monthly prices have come down a bit?  From my research it appears that the same kit is utilised for both services, so also I wondered if this would be just a simple upgrade / configuration change that Sky can make remotely to upgrade the service?

Any advice gratefully received,

Thanks,

Simon.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Upgrading Ultrafast to Ultrafast Plus

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon+Stapes wrote:

From my research it appears that the same kit is utilised for both services

Not necessarily: Ultrafast (150Mbs) can be delivered over either G.fast or FTTP, while Ultrafast Plus (500Mbs) is always FTTP.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Simon+Stapes
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon+Stapes This message was authored by: Simon+Stapes

Re: Upgrading Ultrafast to Ultrafast Plus

Sorry, haven't logged in for a while.  Thanks for the response - that's good to know 👍.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion