Discussion topic: Unstable broadband

This message was authored by Kym3 This message was authored by: Kym3

Unstable broadband

My broadband keeps dropping out . I keep getting my DSL light going orange and my WiFi light going orange. My broadband speed keeps moving around a lot too. From 14mbs to 60mbs. I have rebooted my router, checked my connections, disconnected and reconnected my bits n bobs. 

After rebooting yesterday I thought I'd sorted it but it has stared doing it again today. 

In the event log my router is saying it is 01011970 00:00. Could that be the issue.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Unstable broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kym3   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Kym3
Topic Author

1000002874.jpg

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Kym3 

There is a line fault there. Is your router connected to the master telephone socket using the Sky supplied cables & microfilter?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Kym3
Topic Author

Yes it has a pre filtered master socket. Which my router is connected to within 1 metre. No micro filters.. when I have just done the line test it has automatically booked an engineer. Looking at my line speed it haas been at 14mbs for a while. It should be at 60 really. So it looks like there is an issue on my line somewhere.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Kym3 

Good its booked an engineer, certainly a fault somewhere, hopefully it can be fixed when the engineer attends.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion