Discussion topic: Ultrafast Plus

This message was authored by Kevin-7248 This message was authored by: Kevin-7248

Ultrafast Plus

Got this upgrade on the 13th March from ultrafast package. All going well. Since the 29th April, noticed the internet speed tests had significantly reduced, Wi-Fi signal was becoming poor and posed a problem with devices connected. I have split the network 2.4 and 5ghz to accommodate ring devices. Note this product type for further on.

Tried the various measures to check what was going on to no avail of resolution to return back up to what paying for. 

Ended up phoning Sky which took 50 minutes in total to get through 3 departments and finally getting someone to talk to. Apparently first department couldn't deal with sky glass FTTP accounts, next department, wasn't past to someone right and so on again to wait... finally got through to who could deal with this problem after the monotonous dealings with terrible department transfers. 

So, to be eventually be told it's the ring products I have causing significant signal Wi-Fi interference due to a new software upgrade - I have a ring alarm system, security and doorbell, which I will now contemplate removing security & doorbell for another, unless there is a better update patching this problem. (1970 01:00 last system health check may be this culprit) as it was updated and a glitch is there on their end.

Long story short and a resolution for those out there that may be experiencing this like I am, hard reset and monitor speed tests on each connected device separately. Once I did it returned to my usual 510mb in every room of our house. Ring devices , Alexa devices, smart plugs and extenders all removed to wait for updates and / isolated testing. 

••••¥¥¥¥•••••¥¥¥;••••••¥¥¥¥
Sky Glass 65”
Sky Fibre Gigafast Plus
Been a sky customer through the ages from before HD boxes were a thing! When sky was a box you had to wind up to work 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion