Discussion topic: Ultrafast Broadband plus boost

This message was authored by Rach1604 This message was authored by: Rach1604

Ultrafast Broadband plus boost

We have ultrafast plus the boost (additional cost per month) and only have one gamer in the house. I am constantly hearing how 'laggy' ot is while he's playing. Shoild this be happening? I thought the level of broadband we bought was supposed to be good enough for this. Also one tv in our house keeps losing connection to the wifi. Its a new smart tv. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Ultrafast Broadband plus boost

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rach1604 laggy game play is almodt certainly down to wifi issues in your home. Although a booster can help they can actually make things worse. Boosters must have a good backhail connection to the hub to work so should only be placed halfway between the hub and where you need the boost. Place a  booster in an area with poor signal it will actually make things worse due to the way it works..

As wifi is likely to always be affected by interference to some extent it is never the best way to connect a games console. Ethernet cables are the best but are often impractical a system called powerline networking thst uses your home's mains wiring is a good second choice.

If you are determined to stick with Wifi you probably need a more modern system than Sky's Broadband Boost provides. A whole home wifi mesh network like their Wifi Max bundle are likely to be more reliable as they trade outright speed for stability.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Rach1604
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rach1604 This message was authored by: Rach1604

Re: Ultrafast Broadband plus boost

Thank you @Chrisee , that's really helpful.  I had thought that paying for the additional boost service was all we needed.  We can't link to the router via ethernet given where the console it - though it is just one floor up and right above where the router is located.  I will consider the additional kit that you mention, though may have to put up with the 'laggy' cries for a bit longer! 🙂  Thanks very much.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion