Discussion topic: Turn off sky router wifi

This message was authored by BadBadger65 This message was authored by: BadBadger65

Turn off sky router wifi

I've read a few threads on this but they don't solve my problem.

I have logged on to my Sky router and checked the boxes to turn off the 2.4 and 5.0 wifi broadcasts.

Unfortunately this doesn't actually turn the wifi off.

I have 4 Sky q hubs. Would a reset on these work? It really is the most frustratingly system.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Turn off sky router wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BadBadger65 wrote:

I have 4 Sky q hubs. 

4 Q television boxes (presumably main and three Minis)?

To have no Sky WiFi, all of those will need to be connected by ethernet cable.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Turn off sky router wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BadBadger65 your Sky Q mini boxes require a Sky wifi signal toconnect to the main Sky Q box. So what you are seeing is that signal which they produce. As @TimmyBGood  points out you can disable the wifi on every Sky Q box but they will then require an ethernet connection to operate.

To turn off the wifi on Sky Q boxes you need to sccess the hidden engineer's menu which is done by going to Settings but entering 0,0,1 before select. If your issue is interference with a third party wifi network you can change tge channel range the Q boxes use in the 5GHz band from ch36 to ch52 to ch36 to 44 or ch44 to 52 which should enable you to separate the two wifi networks.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion