Discussion topic: Third party ASUS router suggestions that work with Sky Ultrafast FTTP?

This message was authored by tangoed This message was authored by: tangoed

Re: Third party ASUS router suggestions that work with Sky Ultrafast FTTP?

@The+Warm+Nutter - Congrats. The Asus setup seems good.

The only isue I have has in that one of the mesh boxes sometimes seems to loose the connection and needs to be reset and re connected. Happened only yesterday. No idea why. But performance seems excellent.

Sky fibre at 500 Meg - ASUS router.
This message was authored by The+Warm+Nutter This message was authored by: The+Warm+Nutter

Clearly it highlights how bad my Sr203 is! I remember why I didn't use it in the first place!

Yes been looking at those, but the other option is a second hand Asus AiMesh compatable wifi6 router off Ebay and using the AiMesh function. 

Have been very impressed so far. 

It's got gaming mode but I do little to no gaming so haven't used it. 

Although interesting thing I noticed.. If I have the vpn active on the TV I cannot do a speed test on my phone.... Whixh doesn't have the vpn active on that device. But have full Internet access and functionality. 

This message was authored by Steph1264 This message was authored by: Steph1264

Hi, can anyone help? I have an Asus AX89, which I previously had connected to BT FTTP witout any issue. I have now switched to Sky, and changed the settings. I've been connected and running since day 1, however from that day I have only ever had a speed of 90Mb, except once, when it went up to the full 500Mb after complaining to SKY, but only for a few hours, then it dropped back down. I have since complained twice, but to no avail. Yesterday I plugged in the SKY ,router and got the full 500Mb, went back to my AX89, and still no more than 90Mb. I am finding this very frustrating. I have been through the settings and can't find anything. I have turned off QOS and done everything everyone has suggested so far (that I can find anyway), but still 90Mb, not the full 500! Does anyone have any suggestions please?

This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD

Try the normal router then do a speed test to determine if it's isolated within router.

If so just reset router.  I use merlin software Check if update is there. 

I'm no longer with sky as moved away due to multiple connection drops but happy to help

This message was authored by tangoed This message was authored by: tangoed

Hello @Steph1264 . MY advice reset the Asus router to factory defaults and start again. Out haver been working just finr for 2 years with 500Meg.

Sky fibre at 500 Meg - ASUS router.
This message was authored by Steph1264 This message was authored by: Steph1264

Thank you for your replies @PAISLEYALD and @tangoed. I have speed tested directly from the router and through WiFi, and I think the only thing left to try is a full reset and start again. I was hoping to avoid that as I have everything set and working nicely, except for this! 🙄😏 I'll let you know how I get on.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion