Discussion topic: Talk Shield

This message was authored by thechipman0 This message was authored by: thechipman0

Talk Shield

I have been getting dozens of calls from companies trying to sell AI to me. They use a different number each time so blocking makes no difference. I signed up to Sky Shield as I was under the impression that the caller would be required to give their name so I could decide to accept block or send to voice mail. My problem is that the shield is only giving phone numbers and no names, consequently, I still have to answer calls before I discover who is calling me. Any ideas as to how to stop these calls, please?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Talk Shield

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@thechipman0 wrote:

My problem is that the shield is only giving phone numbers and no names, consequently, I still have to answer calls before I discover who is calling me.

That's as expected: the service cannot do voice recognition to phone display text output.

How to use Call Screening

1. Someone tries to call you
  2. Talk Shield intercepts and blocks calls from ‘robots’ and automated callers.
  3. If it’s a person, your phone rings and you’ll hear a recording of the caller’s name. Then:
  • Press 1 to answer.
  • Press * to answer and add the number to your Star List.
  • Press # to reject the call and add the number to your Block List.
  • Press 9 to send the call to Sky Voicemail (if have it).
  • Press 0 to hear the options again.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-talk-shield-call-screening 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
thechipman0
Topic Author
This message was authored by thechipman0 This message was authored by: thechipman0

Thank you, so it will only say name if it in my contacts then.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@thechipman0 

I believe so, yes.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
thechipman0
Topic Author

Thank you. Seems a bit pointless if you still have to talk to these people then block them, I can block them anyway without this shield. I don't now understand the point of Talk Shield as it does not actually stop anything until you block it 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@thechipman0 I have noticed the same thing so now I only answer numbers I know or who announce the name. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by MissB This message was authored by: MissB

Im having various automated calls get through the sky talk shield. Seems pointless these days 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@MissB the telcos introduce filters then the scammers find a way round them.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion