Discussion topic: Spinning wheel, poor connectivity

This message was authored by Kyle_K This message was authored by: Kyle_K

Spinning wheel, poor connectivity

Hi everyone, I've only recently joined up with sky and the service has been acceptable until tonight. Constant spinning wheel from my fire stick and I just cannot get a steady connection. The sky test service states I have 150mbs download, but that's a load of cobblers obviously. I've tried unplugging everything and rebooting everything. I understand that it's mother's day and probably everyone is using up the bandwidth, but what the heck am I paying for?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Spinning wheel, poor connectivity

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kyle_K far more likely to be a poor wifi connection to your Fire Stick than any issue with your line. Issues with contention are incredibly rare in practice even on the busiest days. 

Firesticks by their design plug in behind TVs which is one of yhe worst places for wifi reception given TVs contain a lot of metal thst blocks wifi signals. Amazon used to supply a short HDMI extension cable that  can help but make sure thst your hub is out in the open not under or behind other kit. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion