Discussion topic: Speed seems to be dropping on a daily basis!

This message was authored by Saint+Viper This message was authored by: Saint+Viper

Speed seems to be dropping on a daily basis!

As per title 

SaintViper_1-1661527723295.png

Current stats

SaintViper_0-1661527626822.png

All i get after running the tests, are an engineer cant fix this
Your broadband's slower than it should be

Our tests have found your Sky hub's receiving slower speeds than it should. It might be because of recent extreme weather in your area, such as flooding. Your speed should be back to normal within the next 7 days.

Unfortunately, an engineer visit can't make your speed any faster.

Best Answers
Saint+Viper
Topic Author
This message was authored by Saint+Viper This message was authored by: Saint+Viper Answer

Re: Speed seems to be dropping on a daily basis!

Finally sorted!!!

Turns out there was a loose connection in the box just outside the house, depending on the weather conditions determined how good a connection was made!!

Connection re-crimped and everything running full speed again!!!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Saint+Viper 

Our tests have found your Sky hub's receiving slower speeds than it should. It might be because of recent extreme weather in your area, such as flooding. Your speed should be back to normal within the next 7 days.  Unfortunately, an engineer visit can't make your speed any faster.

That's just generic text embedded in the 'test' website: if your inbound speed of 30Mbs is below your guaranteed minimum download speed then there's no reason you cannot log what is pretty obviously a line fault.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Saint+Viper
Topic Author
This message was authored by Saint+Viper This message was authored by: Saint+Viper

Even slower today 🤣

SaintViper_0-1661606053774.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Saint+Viper 

Going by your line attenuations you should be on 80Mbps unless you chose a 40Mbps profile. Either way there is a line fault that needs reported to sky.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Saint+Viper
Topic Author

SaintViper_0-1661606820205.png

Cant report online, so trying to find the number to ring 👍

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Saint+Viper 

We can escalate however over the weekend it may be quicker to call

150 from your landline or sky mobile or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

If asked is this about a mobile say no

When asked do you want to receive an sms say no

When asked do you want to hang up and follow the link say no

When asked for the nature of your enquiry say "broadband fault" 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Saint+Viper
Topic Author

Number worked.

Goes to test line, then says its failed and pass to a operator.

Call then disconnects.

If you can escalate it then that would be great 😊

@Saint+Viper 

Keep an eye on the forum preferrably using a chrome browsesI've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to Saint+Viper.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

After speaking with @Saint+Viper and running some tests we have identified an issue and booked and engineer to resolve the issue. It was nice speaking with you and thanks for the escalation 🙂

Saint+Viper
Topic Author

Would you believe, engineer came out on the 2nd Sept.

Nothing wrong with the line, so he reset at the cabinet and we got full speed again (This was the same engineer who had been out previously).

Over the weekend, internet kept dropping - last night alone must have happened at least 10 times, speed is staying up atm when reconnecting.

At the time the engineer says that the only thing he can think of being an issue now would be the sky box itself, and that may need replacing.

How do i go about this? If moving away from the sky hub, what router/modem would people recommend.

This in itself is becoming a nightmare, as my Wife works from home and is dependant on the internet. (Dont get me started on my daughter dealing with no WIFI)

It was also mentioned on our chat that a discount would be applied to my bill due to the speed guarentee, however nothing has appeared on any future bills as yet.

Please help.

This message was authored by Grant+Woolway This message was authored by: Grant+Woolway

Sorry, don't want to hijack, but we're in a similar situation. Ours has dropped from 68Mbps to 41Mbps in the last few weeks with regular dropouts.

Sky Broadband engineers came round and changed the interior wiring and sockets, tested the line and said it was all fine.

The next day it dropped out a couple of times and again the next day so I called them back and they said it was a job for BT Openreach. They've just been and changed the exterior wiring and said it was all good to go, getting a speed of 56Mbps, said it could take 10 days to work out the best speed.

5 minutes after he left, it dropped out again!

Should I expect it all to be perfect straight away?

@Grant+Woolway 

The line will take 10 days to regain full speed during that time there will be disconnects usually after midnight to determine optimal speed. 

Openreach will go to the cabinet to reset dlm then go to your house to check the mastersocket and then locate the fault

Can you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

This message was authored by Grant+Woolway This message was authored by: Grant+Woolway

Here you go @cookiemonsteruk 

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 24:02:39
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 158527 275039 0 29336 69892 00:53:51 LAN Up 1072178 445520 0 2826 0 24:02:39 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 608758 4803 0 2252 0 24:00:57 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 9487738 4512922 0 0 177050 24:00:57
Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 50412 kbps 19999 kbps Line Attenuation D1(11.1 dB) , D2(26.9 dB) , D3(42.1 dB) U0(4.9 dB) , U1(21.9 dB) , U2(33.7 dB) Noise Margin 6.2 dB 7.3 dB

sorry it took out all formatting

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion