Discussion topic: Solid amber internet light

This message was authored by Vickster19 This message was authored by: Vickster19

Solid amber internet light

Last night the internet kept dropping out but the sky broadband checker confirmed no issues, but this morning all the internet was working as it should so be so all was good. However, whilst being out this morning the internet has failed and when I got home the internet light on the router is a solid amber light. No one was home when this happened and after checking with sky they confirmed there are no local issues but they did  agreed to send out an engineer but not until next week after the bank hols. Any  ideas why this has happened and is there anything I can be doing in the meantime to try and resolve it as a bank holiday without internet is going to be painful? I've done all the usual rebooting the router many times to no avail. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Solid amber internet light

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vickster19  If this is an external issue there is no much that can be done until the engineer comes to sort this. These things always happen at the wrong time and with a bank holiday coming up does not help.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Vickster19
Topic Author
This message was authored by Vickster19 This message was authored by: Vickster19

Re: Solid amber internet light

@Highlinder Thanks 😩😩 I think I knew this would be my answer, but I was living in hope. It's going to be a long weekend, especially with 2 teenage boys. The joys 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion