Discussion topic: Moving property taking sky

This message was authored by JWRichardson This message was authored by: JWRichardson

Moving property taking sky

720B5263-C596-4F78-924E-000B9B3E6D1A.jpegMoving house very shortly to a home on an estate built 4 years ago, will be taking my sky glass and broadband no overhead cables to estate am i right in assuming this is the way we receive broadband and internet all other boxes on the estate bar one like mine is connected how would I go about getting this sorted? 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Moving property taking sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes thats the duct for the broadband cabling. Simply book a home move with Sky, this will trigger Openreach to complete any required work to get you connected. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JWRichardson 

Impressive how those don't actually line up.

Be aware there's typically at least a ten working day lead time for getting broadband (potentially longer for FTTP) and note that the Home Move system isn't particularly good at dealing with activation delays.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
JWRichardson
Topic Author
This message was authored by JWRichardson This message was authored by: JWRichardson

Thank you for your reply guys, I have spoken to sky who say they have it down as an active connection despite the photo above so won't send anyone until it has been *activated* for me to show it doesn't work!! 

JWRichardson
Topic Author

So sadly sky have refused to budge other than you must wait until activation day + 24 hours until we book an engineer meaning broadband not installed until at least end of May/Early June 

One phone call to BT engineer booked from move on data, no connection at the property confirmed like I have explained to sky sadly sky have just lost them self a customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion