Discussion topic: Slow broadband all weekend

This message was authored by ianw79 This message was authored by: ianw79

Slow broadband all weekend

I have been experiencing slow internet for the past few days. followed all i can off sky help and its no use. it just claims i am getting 40mb. yet when i run speed tests through speedtest.net the last few days i am not even getting 3mb. this is my router statsianw79_0-1651491716508.png

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Slow broadband all weekend

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After trouble shooting on a private chat an Openreach engineer has been booked

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ianw79 

At the time of posting your 5ghz wifi was downloading at 37Mbps. Make sure when doing a speed test that nothing else is downloading

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
ianw79
Topic Author

not really helpful, i am trying to download now a small program and it is showing a download of 25- 30 KBS

ianw79_0-1651495989898.png

its been the same trying to game online all weekend. the lag has been terrible. its certainly not what i pay for

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ianw79 

Are you downloading to a wired (ethernet) or wireless device?  The Guaranteed Minimum Download speed only applies as far as the Hub.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ianw79
Topic Author

i was downloading to a wireless device. ni do not see how that makes any difference to the fact the internet is so slow

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ianw79 

WiFi is always slower than Hub speed, and the local wireless environment can make it considerably slower (I have 500Mbs FTTP which delivers between 30 and 40Mbs to my phone from a BT Hub). Your Sky Hub is indicating it is running as fast as as its external broadband will permit.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
ianw79
Topic Author

sorry but i disagree. given i have had no issues with my Sky broadband until this weekend. as i said its not just downloading, its online gaming. even switching between websites takes an age. given how much i pay its unaaceptable and find it worse that their is no online chat functionality with Sky to sort it. all they do is pass you to the community which frankly is not much help either as i want a solution to get my internet speed back to how it shoudl be.

router/hub has been switched off and reset so many times already this weekend i feel like takign a bat to it.

i woudl also appreciate that this be passed to someone from Sky

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After trouble shooting on a private chat an Openreach engineer has been booked

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion