Discussion topic: Engineer Arriving Before Router

This message was authored by lnp This message was authored by: lnp

Engineer Arriving Before Router

Hi guys,

My router will not be delivered today as expected, as even though Royal Mail emailed me last week to say it'll arrive on Monday 2nd May, it turns out they aren't actually delivering parcels today... The engineer is scheduled to come tomorrow morning and so will likely arrive before the router. How big of an issue is this? What should I do?

(P.s. I called Sky prior to posting this and the guy was very nice, but did admit he wasn't entirely sure, but expects it will be an issue, but didn't really know what I should do.)

Thank you very much in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Engineer Arriving Before Router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lnp If you are getting broadband installed then it is likely that your connection will happen remotely and when you get your hub you just need to plug it in.

If the engineer visit is to install Sky TV then they can still do this, be aware without a hub they won't be able to setup the Q box to the broadband hub for On demand.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

lnp
Topic Author

Hi GD1,

Thanks for the fast response.

The visit is to set up broadband as we have a separate visit for the TV on Thursday.

The delivery in question is specifically the Broadband Hub that won't have arrived by the time the broadband engineer arrives tomorrow, and I just wanted to know if this will be a problem, but from what you said it seems like it won't be?

Thanks again!

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lnp  It's won't be an issue as if the broadband engineer does need to do any tests they have equipment for that purpose.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

lnp
Topic Author

Thank you so much for that, has put my mind at ease.

Have a good evening!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion