Discussion topic: Slow broadband, I’m not getting anything like the speed I’m paying for, maximum download speed of 3.

This message was authored by Jason+Ward-W This message was authored by: Jason+Ward-W

Slow broadband, I’m not getting anything like the speed I’m paying for, maximum download speed of 3.

3mbps download speeds paying for super fast, can't get through to anyone at Sky, I still have a 12cm hole in my wall where open reach engineer smashed through installing cable, it's been a month now since I raised the complaint no one has responded, how do I take legal action against sky 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Slow broadband, I’m not getting anything like the speed I’m paying for, maximum download speed o

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jason+Ward-W   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by emptyB This message was authored by: emptyB

Re: Slow broadband, I’m not getting anything like the speed I’m paying for, maximum download speed o

Interesting. I get a few slow downs and test my connection via fast.com or one of the other checkers and it comes up 6-14Mb yet go to Sky and it says 'all is good, no known errors, 69Mbs [never anything different than 69]. Feels like I'm being conned sometimes.  Switching to Fibre soon so hopefully all that out the window.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jason+Ward-W wrote:

it's been a month now since I raised the complaint no one has responded, how do I take legal action against sky 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/alternative-dispute-resolution 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@emptyB wrote:

I get a few slow downs and test my connection via fast.com or one of the other checkers and it comes up 6-14Mb yet go to Sky and it says 'all is good, no known errors, 69Mbs

69Mbs will be speed delivered to the Hub because that's where Sky get their figure from.  If you are using a wireless device connect to 'fast.com or one of the other checkers' then you are testing local WiFi speed, not that of the broadand.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by emptyB This message was authored by: emptyB

Not using WiFi, hard wired.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@emptyB if that is via a direct ethernet cable from the hub to the device with nothing else using the connection something is wrong. Can you post your hub's connection stats as explained here Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion