Discussion topic: Slow & dropping out all of the time

This message was authored by Laura0702 This message was authored by: Laura0702

Slow & dropping out all of the time

Hi, we've had sky broadband for a long time now and we recently moved house & took it with us. We have sky tv in movies & kids, sky wifi, all have phones on sky & the multi tv option. We are finding that the sky Wi-Fi connection is constantly dropping out ie unable to load a standard web page and we end up hotspotting our phones or just turning the Wi-Fi icon off on our phones as it's so annoying. It wasn't like this at our old house & if anything we've moved to a more established area. We don't want to leave sky but if this can't be rectified it would result in a slow move away from all things sky. It also impacts catch up tv or anything that has to download as you watch. Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Slow & dropping out all of the time

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Laura0702  Would give Sky a call and speak to them regarding getting boosters to help. Which router do you have just now from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Laura0702  No two properties are the same and you might need to get boosters for the new one.  Is the Wi-Fi signal throughout the property the same or is it just low in certain places?

Laura0702
Topic Author

Thank you @Highlinder for your reply, I understand that no two properties/areas are the same. When this happens and we check the wick for problems it comes back that it's working and then we are still unable to use it. 

Boosters May be what's needed but surely checking the function online would show that it isn't working properly? I could be wrong about this? The loss of signal isn't specific to a room it's just all over the house constantly dropping in and out of working. To add, once of the worst places is our lounge where I'll be sat right next to the router. 

thanks for your time & trying to help. Any further wisdom welcome! 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Laura0702  Would give Sky a call and speak to them regarding getting boosters to help. Which router do you have just now from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

Laura0702
Topic Author

Thanks @Highlinder I had a look at my current speed and for a few £ more I could greatly

increase it. Not sure if our hub is good enough for the remote upgrade or if we will get a new one. I figured a lot has changed with children's iPads and extra tv's so it may be an overload. I'll give the upgraded speed a try & contact sky if there is still a problem. Thanks for the advice I'll consider my query answered & I'll add on an extra post if I find any further reasons for my problem. Thanks again!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion