Discussion topic: Slow Broadband

This message was authored by Kevcp This message was authored by: Kevcp

Slow Broadband

Hi

I have a recurring problem with my sky broadband link, I am on Sky superfast with a connection to my router normally at 32M. I have recently been experiencing problems with slow connections due water getting into a cable duct. This problem re-occured on Tuesday with my speed dropping down to 9M, Openreach have been out to day and my broadband speed to the router is back to 32M.

However ny connection to my PC and other devices is still running at 9M, this is the case on both wifi and hard wired. I have tried disconnecting all the hard wired devices and just connecting on wifi, the speed is still the same. I have rebooted the hub and the speed is still the same and I have reset the hub with no difference to the speed. I have tried to contact Sky but as the test to the router is OK it pushes me to the help web page. This states that there is a problem in the property but doesn't offer any additional help. I can only think that the problem is with the router, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Slow Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kevcp 

After a fault fix it takes 24-48hrs for your thoughtput speed to come back and match the line speed

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kevcp 

After a fault fix it takes 24-48hrs for your thoughtput speed to come back and match the line speed

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Kevcp
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kevcp This message was authored by: Kevcp

@jamesn123 

Thank-you for your reply, my throughput speed has indeed increased back up to the line speed. How long this lasts for is anyones guess though as the Openreach guys have reported that the main problem is the ageing aluminium cables in a cable duct that is filled with muddy water. We will need to wait for BT to upgrade are cable runs.

Thanks again for your reply.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion