Discussion topic: Sky router controls missing from MySky app

BigDave1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by BigDave1980 This message was authored by: BigDave1980

Re: Sky router controls missing from MySky app

Hi @Quidnunc1 , did you get anywhere with getting yours sorted out? Still no furthe rupdate from Sky about mine. I guess it's unde rthe carpet with all the others.

This message was authored by Quidnunc1 This message was authored by: Quidnunc1

Not a dickybird. The router is still not visible in product settings. Check your services says broadband and WiFi are OK so it's clearly seeing all it needs to see.

I've configured a Zyxel access point which saps speed but now replicates my previous SSID and password, at a mere £63...

I'll reignite my thread next week and let you know if I get anywhere.

This message was authored by Adam159 This message was authored by: Adam159

HI, I seem to be having the same problem, I can't see my sky max hub or my pod in the mysky app, I've been connected for 3 days now! I was told to wait 24 hours then told again to wait another 48 hours!lol.

I have booked an engineer visit for Monday, if that doesn't resolve it could you please escalate this for me.

Thank you.😁

BigDave1980
Topic Author
This message was authored by BigDave1980 This message was authored by: BigDave1980

Mine has been like it for about 7 weeks now so don't hold your breath waiting to get yours sorted. Still no response from Sky. Yes, I could call them but why should I have to? The service works fine, and I have recently found that I can change my Wi-Fi SSID and password by logging into the hub after I rebooted it a couple of weeks back, which I'm certain I couldn't do previously. It's too late now though, because I have already had to change the Wi-Fi settings on all of the devices I have around the place to match what they were set to on the new hub. I still can't see the hub in the app, though. It's probably worth rebooting your hub at some point and seeing if you can change the settings via the admin page after that. Good luch with getting it sorted, let us know what happens.

This message was authored by Quidnunc This message was authored by: Quidnunc

Expect no help from Sky. They just give fob-off excuses to get you off their backs. Mine router still isn't visible in MySky and the nanny controls prevent me from changing any settings. I've sacrificed some speed and installed an access point. Of course Sky should be compensating me for the cost/hassle/speed, but that's a hopeless cause too. Good luck!!

Hi, could u tell me what I have to type in to get access to the router settings I know its the ip adress and I did it befor but now I can't remember what I

put in to access it.🤦🏼

Thank you.

In your browser try 192.168.0.1 which will take you to a login window. The username is "admin" (whithout the quote marks, how inventive is that!!). The password is the same as your default Hub (WiFi) password that came with the router.

Don't expect to do very much as the nanny settings stop you. You're supposed to be able to change the SSID in the MySky app, but that doesn't work (it doesn't register my router even though it tells me the speed, WiFi stats etc, so it clearly knows it's there). Sky haven't bothered to fix the issue, just fob me off with waiting, removing and reinstalling the app - that's all just an excuse because there's a bug. Good luck!

I tried this but it won't load the router settings, I done it befor and it worked but thought I was typing the wrong adress or something! I have an engineer coming Monday if all my issues aren't resolved I'll be leaving sky.im not going around re programing 100 light bulbs e.c.t.🤦🏼😂

I know the feeling. If you're familiar with the Command Promt utility on your (Windows) computer, which should be connected to the Sky hub by cable or WiFi, then open that and type "ipcong" (no quotes). You'll get a bunch of info, but scroll down to the "Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi" section and towards the bottom you should see "Default Gateway". On mine that's 192.168.0.1 but yours might be different.

You could also try "https://myrouter.io" and cross your fingers!

Hi @BigDave1980 - I've found the solution! Leave a negative review on Tripadvisor and this wakes someone at Sky from their slumber, they sort the problem out in no time. I can now see my router, have changed SSID/PW and back running without an access point. Good luck with yours.

BigDave1980
Topic Author

Oh that's good news. So you can see the router in your Sky app now?

Yep, and change SSID and password. The controls are still pretty restricted but I can live with that.

BigDave1980
Topic Author

Still nothing in the app for me. I can change the SSID and password via browser to the router now (not that I need to any more) but nothing in the app. What bothers me is that they've told me they can see an issue with my setup/install, but would not specify what that issue is, told me somebody would call back and never did, and expect me to go chasing them for updates on it. Poor show, really. I saw that lots of people had been having issues and were moaning about the support but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought I'd give them a chance. And they let me down.

OK so this morning I reset my router and logged out the app and delted it, once the router light turned white, which it wasn't doing befor, it was just flashing green until it was unplugged! Then I re installed the app and boom it was finally showing up in the app.

I do have an engineer booked for today aswell to sort out the boosters they sent that don't work.

So atleast I can change My ssid now and don't need to go around changing all my lights e.c.t.

If anyone's got the same issue all I can recommend is to keep restarting ur router.although I'm not even sure if that's what's done it...maybe they activated it because they knew I had an engineer visit today.who knows.

Thank you everyone for your help, i really appreciate it.

And I will update after the engineer visit see if I can get more info from him about this app issue.👍

BigDave1980
Topic Author

More good news, somebody else actually getting somewhere with it. So now it's just me still having issues with mine. Maybe I'll reboot it again. The light on my router's been white since the day it was installed but I think rebooting it checks for updates etc. I will post back with results.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion