Discussion topic: Sky not connecting to my printer.

This message was authored by Ooos This message was authored by: Ooos

Sky not connecting to my printer.

Pls I need help, my sky Internet won't connect to my printer, I thought my old printer is the problem and had to buy another expensive brother printer and to my surprise, same issue repeated itself and it wasn't connecting. 

Please help as we are getting frustrated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky not connecting to my printer.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@OoosHave you tried to split the Wi-Fi bands to see if your printer will then connect?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Ooos
Topic Author

What fo you mean by splitting wifi bands? Pls explain.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Ooos 

So that you have 2 seperate ssids so the printer can see the 2.4ghz wifi band

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-separate-WiFi-bands/ba-p/3530610

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Ooos
Topic Author

It is very complicated , don't know why sky couldn't just make connection easy for their customers with the new sky hub. Thanks still for your time. 

Ooos
Topic Author

No luck but thank you still.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Ooos its not actually Sky's issue as they make connecting devices as simple as it can be but it requires the device, in this case your printer, to support them.

Printers are notorious for this first step is to factory reset the printer how that is done varies but  check the makers web site that alone often sorts the issue.

Second step if thst doesnt work is to connect the printer by a USB cable to a laptop or PC and make sure it can print. Then download the latest printer firmware on many printers when you do thst they will pick up the wifi details from the host laptop. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion