Discussion topic: Sky hub need to restart almost two times a day

This message was authored by Deimante1 This message was authored by: Deimante1

Sky hub need to restart almost two times a day

Hello, I use sky broadband 9 years never had an issue exept last two months, I need to restart hub once or two times a day to have an Internet. I think might be my hub enought old now but I can't find how to order new one without upgrade for additional monthly cost. Please can you help me. Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky hub need to restart almost two times a day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deimante1 if your hub is over 8 years old it does require replacing not least because it only offers one wifi band not the two newer routers all offer.

Sky do seem these days ask people to recontract for 18 months before they will say good morning. Its up to you but shop around as unless you are on the social tariff for benefit claimants you may find Sky can offer a better deal but check with other ISPs as switching is pretty painless - any new ISP using Openreach lines handles everything including cancelling with Sky.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Deimante1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Deimante1 This message was authored by: Deimante1

I do have a contract and it ends on next year July can't wait so long for new reuter 😟 but can't find a link where to order a new one also. Ant online chat doesn't help either 😩

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deimante1 your first post has been escalated to Sky who should be in touch. I am not 100% certain if they will replace your hub but at the very least they should check the line and sort the fault without you committing to a new 18 month contract. They should invite you onto an online chat through the forum where a chat icon should appear.

Can you post how you get on as the "hard sell" some agents use is something Superusers can raise directly with Sky. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Deimante1.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion