Discussion topic: Sky hub as just a modem.

This message was authored by StuXxxxx This message was authored by: StuXxxxx

Re: Sky hub as just a modem.

Seems a very complicated way of getting from A to B.  Why not just access the server from within your LAN?  Anyway, the only thing that comes to mind is that the sky hub is translating the port on the outgoing but not translating it on the incoming.  As you'd expect with a DMZ.  I’m afraid I’ve nothing more to offer on that one.  I'd need to ponder it for a while. 

This message was authored by Warzilla This message was authored by: Warzilla

I have apps on my mobile that access resources on my LAN.

They use my custom domain in configuration, so it doesn't matter if I'm home on local network or outside using cellular network. It all just works.

I had this setup working with Sky Hub, but Connect Hub firewall is blocking this traffic, even when the whole firewall is disabled. Seems to me like a bug in firmware. Turning firewall off should disable all the rules, IMHO.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Warzilla 

It is a NAT firewall on IPv4 and cannot be totally disabled. One has to forward ports through the NAT firewall by defining rules to work for IPv4 for internal LAN servers.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@mae-3I've tried adding port forward rule like below, but to no avail.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 102807.png

@Warzilla 

That looks like you have defined the service but under security, it may have other settings, could the community see the security tab, please?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by DolmanDF5 This message was authored by: DolmanDF5

I'm all sorted now thank you!

Many thanks for all your sugestions 

Thank you for your assiatance, @mae-3 !

In security tab I have the whole FW disabled:

Screenshot 2023-05-18 110233.pngScreenshot 2023-05-18 110216.pngScreenshot 2023-05-18 102807.png

TrebleTA
Topic Author
This message was authored by TrebleTA This message was authored by: TrebleTA

On the sky device you need to make a firewall rule for outbound to allow all on x ip, if you look by default there is a block all rule.

But with the device you have it looks all different.

Sky FTTP, SR203 hub self bridged to Asus AX82U. Sky Q UHD to Samsung QE55S95BAYXXU , Sky Q Mini.

@Warzilla 

You have disabled the firewall for outgoing connections. For incoming, you must add a rule for the service you previously defined.

-------

@Warzilla 

Just select the inbound service 'add' and then select the service DMZ.Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 11.24.01.png

-------

@mae-3 

The configuration below doesn't work. I can't 'select' a service, I have to type in actual IP address. 192.168.0.2 is the address of my UDM Pro router (added to DMZ).

Screenshot 2023-05-18 110216.png

@Warzilla 

Enabled.

Protocol DMZ.

LAN User 192.168.0.2

WAN Server leaves blank.

Action Allow.

-------

@Warzilla 

Can you list what is under protocol?

-------

There's no DMZ protocol in the dropdown (DMZ is enabled under Advanced)

Screenshot 2023-05-18 113942.pngScreenshot 2023-05-18 113855.pngScreenshot 2023-05-18 110216.png

@Warzilla 

Under protocol use TCP for 1 rule and a 2nd rule uses UDP both pointing to 192.168.,0.2 for LAN, so two rules in total. And the DMZ setting looks good so it should just work to the third-party router, so I'm surprised.

-------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion