Discussion topic: Sky broadband usage increase

This message was authored by latenightlizzie This message was authored by: latenightlizzie

Sky broadband usage increase

Looking at my usage of Sky broadband, it looks like my usage has dramatically increased since July of this year.  My average monthly usage was 616GB per month and has now increased 3 fold.  Is there any way I can see more detail so I can understand how this has happened?

Any help would be much appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Sky broadband usage increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@latenightlizzieNot from the broadband test you can't. If you are on an unlimted plan you need not worry about it. Do you have Sky Q or have any one that uses a games console in the property?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
latenightlizzie
Topic Author
This message was authored by latenightlizzie This message was authored by: latenightlizzie

Thank you for your reply @Highlinder

No, I am on Sky+ still and there are no games consoles in the household.  Fortunately I am on unlimited broadband so that isn't a concern but it does seem peculiar that usage should shoot up so dramatically. I appreciate that further detail on usage isn't possible from the broadband test but is there any other avenue I could pursue showing download/upload usage?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@latenightlizzieNot from the point of view from Sky. That I know of, others might come in and correct me on this.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by MazzaLatic This message was authored by: MazzaLatic

I've had a similar problem.

My normal usage is around 200GB/month, but August was 4,142GB, September 1,185GB and 129GB is the last 6 days.

My connection is 36Mb/s download and 8Mb/s upload.  Doing a rough calculation using at maximum capacity 24 hours/day, 30 days/month would only use about 10,000GB a month

My initial thought was that somebody had hacked my router.  My only near neighbour is a elderly woman who probably doesn't even own a device.  A drive by hacker would have to sit outside the house 12 hours a day and I think I'd have noticed that

I've checked the usage on both phones, my wife's tablet and my laptop and are all around 40-50GB/month.  The one thing I can't tell the usage of is the Sky Q box.  Any chance it's that?

I've noticed a couple of posts on a similar topic in the last couple of months, but this seemed the closest to my own experience

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion