Discussion topic: Sky broadband essential price increase

This message was authored by unite This message was authored by: unite

Sky broadband essential price increase

Sky have increased my broadband essential to 32 pounds a month from 25 pounds a month. I think they are trying to push people on to superfast fibre. Unfortunately due to useless open reach that option isn't available.

Tried without success to get a better deal with Sky. Funny thing Skys NOW subsidiary will give their identical brilliant broadband including the same router for 18 pound a month., and a 12 month contract. Seems a odd situation. Dump a 25% increase on a long standing customer forcing them to look elsewhere. Then a subsidiary offers the same service for half the price.

Best wishes

Unite

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky broadband essential price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@unite not sure why you have opened a second thread given you made the same points yeterday here 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
unite
Topic Author

Chrissy

Don't let my comments concern you. Within a couple of days I'll no longer be a sky customer.

I apologise for boring you.

unite
Topic Author

Great news, at the last minute sky offered me a much better contract for my broadband so I am staying with Sky.

So there you go be patient keep prodding and a result can be achieved.

Best wishes 

Unite.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@unite its not boring me I was just pointing out it is considered very bad forum etiquette to post the same issue multiple times as it wastes members time answering the same question. The moderators then have to merge threads etc. people who do this a lot often get banned.

I assumed you did it in error but if you meant to be rude i will know to avoid you.. Glad you got a resolution.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
unite
Topic Author

I am elderly and certainly don't have social media skills you possess. I am from a era were the content of your comment is far more important than social etiquette. I would be far more concerned if I was banned for insulting behaviour rather than etiquette. As an aside being lectured about trivialities has never impressed me. 

Best wishes

Unite.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion