Discussion topic: Hi my broadband was suppose to go live on 26/8/2022 but still awaiting

This message was authored by Sky1122 This message was authored by: Sky1122

Hi my broadband was suppose to go live on 26/8/2022 but still awaiting

Received the following messgae and few emails stating my broadband will be live by midnight 26/8/2022 but its still not working. Please help

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Hi my broadband was suppose to go live on 26/8/2022 but still awaiting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is not unusual for Openreach to be delayed in activating it, so give Sky a call once the lines are open so that they can look into this for you,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sky1122 

Perhaps worth noting that unfortunately with the weekend, the bank holiday and then two days of industrial action by CWU members at BT Group, Openreach availability is distinctly limited until Thursday.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Sky1122
Topic Author

This is absolutely nonsense and unacceptable. I am actually shocked by the service. I was suppose to get my broadband on 26th last month then was told there is a fault in the line and booked for 5th sep due to a strike. Today i got a message that i am live now but on arriving home i found out its still not working. On callling sky they tested the line and confirmed there is an error in the line and engineer will visit. To hell with you man....why dont engineer done his job first time and leave it undone???? So fedup. No call no mesg no communication. Worse expreince ever.....could you actually do something about it ??????

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Sky1122  You do know you are not talking to Sky, your response to fellow customers leaves a lot to be desired especially as they are trying to help you.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Sky1122
Topic Author

Obviously i want to deliver this message to sky. Not sure what this community is for as was only looking to get in contact with sky customer services 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Sky1122If you are trying to call Sky, there is a number to call at the bottom of the link below under " Need more help ".

https://www.sky.com/help/home 

When you call and asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", if you are asked for a mobile number give this, but DO NOT hang up, this should drop you into the queue to speak to an advisor.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Sarah214 This message was authored by: Sarah214

Same as me, my boardband was supposed to go online on 15/8 and they rescheduled to today, but until 22:25, everything is still not working 

I wonder are they going to activate at 23:59, and claim they started their service today @Sky1122 

Sky1122
Topic Author

Unfortunately, they are not. All they going to say we detect a fault and an engineer will fix it, you dont need to be in the house. When you go online it says you will have to be present. You will have to chase them, they will not send a single update or message. Rediculous 

This message was authored by Sarah214 This message was authored by: Sarah214

They didn't even give me an update 🤷🏻‍♀️ I tried to call and said they off from work already, goodbye

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Sarah214 Sky's lines are open from 7am to 10pm for some services but are fully operational from 8am to 9pm. Call wait times vary but are usally less than the system says BUT is something breaks like a big football match show give up and try tomorrow as calls just go off the chart.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion