Discussion topic: Sky Max-My CCTV

This message was authored by 57Mick This message was authored by: 57Mick

Sky Max-My CCTV

Hi all. I have just had my Sky Max Router installed, all is working great with the exception that i now can't view what my CCTV Cameras are viewing-hope that makes sense. All was working fine prior to the install and, i can still access the cameras via my mobile phone so they are working fine. The video recorder is in the loft and the network is provided via a powerline TP Link extender, which it has been for the last 2-3 years so nothing has changed in that sense. I contacted sky and the only thing they suggested was to lower the security setting to WPA2 and set the Broadband Shield to 18 but this hadn't had any impact. The CCTV and VCR are all HIK Vision and honestly haven't been any trouble since it was installed.

Best Answers
57Mick
Topic Author
This message was authored by 57Mick This message was authored by: 57Mick Answer

Re: Sky Max-My CCTV

Hi, the problem i had James was that i couldn't access the cameras via the IVMS 4200 software that i use via my mac, it just wasn't recognising the DVR on my network however, in a final effort to get it sorted i removed the software and downloaded it again from the HIK Vision website and hey presto! it recognised it immediately, and all my previoyus settings, which was a real bonus. So thank you for your response and feel free to let anyone else know should they have similar issues with the IVMS software using a mac etc.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@57Mick 

If you can access the cameras via your phone, what device cant you access them with?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
57Mick
Topic Author
This message was authored by 57Mick This message was authored by: 57Mick Answer

Hi, the problem i had James was that i couldn't access the cameras via the IVMS 4200 software that i use via my mac, it just wasn't recognising the DVR on my network however, in a final effort to get it sorted i removed the software and downloaded it again from the HIK Vision website and hey presto! it recognised it immediately, and all my previoyus settings, which was a real bonus. So thank you for your response and feel free to let anyone else know should they have similar issues with the IVMS software using a mac etc.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion