Discussion topic: Sky Max Hub: Problems with Connectivity

This message was authored by Aleksandra87 This message was authored by: Aleksandra87

Sky Max Hub: Problems with Connectivity

I’ve got new max hub but signal it's wars then before and can't even connect to all devices 

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

All Replies

This message was authored by Barry1506 This message was authored by: Barry1506

Re: New Max Hub

I am also worse off for Upgrading, im

charged more money for slower internet, high ping and latency issues. 

I wish I stayed with my old Sky Router now. 

This message was authored by Madhatter This message was authored by: Madhatter

Are you using the white HUB?

Mine went from quite bad 20Mbps - 470MBps on a 500Mbps line to always under 15Mbps according to SKY's speed tester.

On the back, can I ask if the Ethernet port lights work on your hub?

Yes, i upgraded to the white hub {SR213 Model) I have slower internet, high packet loss and ping and latency issues, I assume my Ethernet Ports work as random lights flash on them when I restart the Router. Worst choice I've made in a long time upgrading to this white router. 

Thanks, do they flash when you are using the internet as they did on my grey router.

Thank

I don't use Ethernet connection,  but i assume that when data is being passed the lights should flash, but I can't be 100% on that. 

if you're having really bad issues with your router I advise getting some help from Sky or they might even send you a New Hub if they are concerned it's faulty, because from what you can make out, you shouldn't be having these issues. 

My connection has been erratic since I joined SKY, with constant packet loss on wired and speeds fluctuating widely. The white router has made things worse, in a sense, better for me, as now SKY can see from their own speed tests the atrocious speeds.

I have flagged it with them, not offered a replacement router yet.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Madhatter @Aleksandra87 & @Barry1506 there are no leds on the ethernet ports on the SR213 Sky Wifi Max hub I have which is common on newer equipment.

The wifi performance of the SR213 should be better not worse than the other Sky hubs however it could cause issues if you connect older equipment that do not support the wifi channels higher than ch52 for example an older Nintendo Switch.

If you have the hub as part of the Wifi Max package call Sky as they need to investigate the issue for anyone affected. They should either send outvan extender "pod" or arrange for one of their Broadband Engineers to come out and see what thevproblem is..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Aleksandra87
Topic Author
This message was authored by Aleksandra87 This message was authored by: Aleksandra87

I've contacted Sky today and they sending new hub ( replacement) . Hopefully will help 

I apologise for not giving you the correct information on the lights on the Ethernet Ports,but for some reason I'm sure my old Broadband Hub 4.2 Ethernet ports used to flash when i rebooted it. 

Best of luck with your new Router! I hope it works for you. 😊

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Barry1506 wrote:

I'm sure my old Broadband Hub 4.2 Ethernet ports used to flash when i rebooted it. 

Where the physical ethernet ports are actually equipped with LEDs, these will typically flash on repowering.  However, given the vast majority of domestic users either don't have any ethernet devices or aren't interested in trying to decode what the LEDs are indicating anyway, the manufacturers can save a tiny fraction on component cost by specifying a port assembly without LED units and accompanying electrical contacts.

Essentially the concept of such LEDs dates from a time when only network professionals ever got near ethernet hubs and switches, and being able to distinguish between 10Mbs and 100Mbs clients was a genuine issue.

(Also if all the LEDs were flashing manically, which typically meant a user had helpfully looped one or more spare patch leads back into empty wall ports to 'tidy them up', and then phoned IT support because their email wasn't working ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Thank you for helping me understand what they mean, I always thought it just meant data was just passing to and fro, and the lights were a visual representation of that. Thanks for the useful info again, I appreciate it!  

Your not the only one buddy, I thought the same flickering meant data was being transmitted.

Just received an SMS from SKY, there sending a replacement HUB, might improve the speeds, sadly still lumbered with packet loss, had it on previous hub.

On the new SKY HUB, did it have the same WIFI password as the white hub you swapped it with?

I changed the password on my 1st white hub and plugged in the new one and it had the same SSID and password as the one it replaced.

I was certain I didn't put the same one back but now I am beginning to doubt myself - I Checked the box it came with and the password on the bottom is the same as on the card.

Has your hub arrived,? Make any difference?

Also was your WiFi Ssid and password get copied automatically,? Mine did and thinking it's because done in app?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion