Discussion topic: Sky Hub restarting

This message was authored by FrankieP This message was authored by: FrankieP

Sky Hub restarting

I recently changed from BT to Sky and after the 2 weeks period the hub seen to restart everyday at 11.15am.

No idea what is causing the problem but it seens like I loose the Broadband connection and cause the Hub to restart.

Any help would be apreciated

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky Hub restarting

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FrankieP 

Is it happening just once a day?

Can you post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@FrankiePIs it going all the way down to a red power light or is the internet one going amber then flashing like it is trying to connect?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
FrankieP
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk 

This is the stadistics

WAN MER 11258702 13790979 0 438790 965750 21:48:05
LAN Up 684438 282725 49 608459 33677 21:50:06
WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 4441114 5076146 0 63618 393570 21:44:39
WLAN (5 GHz) Up 11336458 7494298 0 0 60192 21:15:36

Connection Speed 39999 kbps 9997 kbps
Line Attenuation D1(13.7 dB) , D2(34.4 dB) , D3(53.7 dB) U0(4.0 dB) , U1(26.0 dB) , U2(40.7 dB)
Noise Margin 9.8 dB 7.6 dB

@Highlinder  I will let you know next time it restart.

I have reset to factory the Hub just in case it helps.

Thanks

FrankieP
Topic Author

Hi

I manage to be around when the connection was down, and It seens like I loose the internet all completely and there is not light and the phone light goes orange and there is no line at the normal phone.

It's not the box that is restarting, it that I loose my internet connection.

I have also test the speed and while is normal, the latency is hudge to the point that pages like BBC takes about 3 second for the images to load.

I gues the only solution will be dial 150 tomorrow and try to speak to someone about it

Thanks

This message was authored by Rich25 This message was authored by: Rich25

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have a similar problem at around 11.30 every day. At first I thought it was the tv causing it (Sky stream) but realise now it happens every day with or without tv on. Not a major problem, but if it has to do it I'd rather it did it when I'm asleep! I'm new to Sky broadband, only had it since 14th December so not used to their idiosyncrasies.

FrankieP
Topic Author

Not quite yet. 

I called 150 and they told me it could be because i have 13 devices connected and is overloading the line so they sent me a booster which just arrived.

I'm not so sure about it as if it's because its overloaded why would it restart everyday at the same time? and why would restart during the morning when it's only me at home?

They tested the line and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@FrankieP  Whatever they told you at the contact centre is a load of rubbish. 13 devices causing the hub to restart.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Highlinder wrote:

@FrankieP  Whatever they told you at the contact centre is a load of rubbish. 13 devices causing the hub to restart.

I agree. 

Its likely to be a line fault as your WAN interface is dropping

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

I think you're probably right about a line fault @jamesn123. Mine dropped out again today at 11.45 when there was no one in the house so definitely not overloaded @FrankieP. Looking at the logs it follows the same pattern every day. I think I'll have to give them a call.

11:45:28 syslog: ptm0.1 - WAN link DOWN.

This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

Could this be the Orange Voice light issue that others (including myself) have posted about ? ) just search ). One clue may be if the sys  log shows voice disconnected ( then connected a short time later ). 
If so then it seems the issue is with Skys servers (although they have yet to acknowledge an issue despite a number of users on this forum reporting a problem ).

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Stream, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub
This message was authored by Fodderdude This message was authored by: Fodderdude

I have also had the same issue. 

Running the Ultrafast service. 

Router will just randomly reboot at least daily, all lights gone then red power light. 

Have had a replacement router previously apparently no fault found. 

I have also been told too many devices.

Was told it was being escalated to executive complaints then I hear nothing back.

Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
FrankieP
Topic Author

Yeah still happening 

2023-01-05    11:58:02 syslog: ptm0.1 - WAN link DOWN.

one thing I have noticed is that every time the broadband is down when it comes up, I have a different IP Address allocated.

FrankieP
Topic Author

Yeah still happening 

syslog: ptm0.1 - WAN link DOWN.

one thing I have noticed is that every time the broadband is down when it comes up, I have a different IP Address allocated.

I think I have got mine sorted now. Currently at 60 hours up time. I had a look at other forums with similar problems and a few suggested checking for external interference. I had the hub for my Arlo cctv cameras on the same shelf as my Sky hub so relocated it to another room and it seems to have done the trick although I have no idea what it was doing once a day to interfere with the wan connection. I also replaced the ethernet cable from the hub to my mesh WiFi as it was old and unnecessarily long at the same time just in case it was causing a problem. 

Keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way. Definitely worth you having a look around the house for any suspect devices if you haven't already done so.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion