Discussion topic: Sky Ethernet Cable for ONT

This message was authored by Kevin451 This message was authored by: Kevin451

Sky Ethernet Cable for ONT

Hi Sky have just sent me a replacement Sky Hub 4.2 for my fibre conbection as my old one kept dropping out but I didn't receive the Sky Ethernet Black/Yellow Cable which Sky have said I must use for fibre ont to hub connection so can Sky please send me one ASAP. Apparently Openreach won't look into my fibre issue unless I have that Sky cable!

Best Answers
This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil Answer

Re: Sky Ethernet Cable for ONT

They sent you a conversion kit which is the same as the yellow cable just in a more subtle colour, the yellow cables were only sent with the initial box up until recently and the new max hubs are supplied with a white cable 

you have apparently been talking to a colour blind agent who doesn't understand their training material 😉

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

The replacement hub is that, just the hub and power supply, you should already have the Ethernet cable from the previous hub?

Kevin451
Topic Author

When I switched to Fibre last month Sky just sent me a white ethernet lead for my current hub but Sky have informed me I must have the Sky black/yellow ethernet cable before Openreach with diagnose my fibre issues. I'm sure the white cable is fine but apparently I must have a black/yellow one!

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil Answer

They sent you a conversion kit which is the same as the yellow cable just in a more subtle colour, the yellow cables were only sent with the initial box up until recently and the new max hubs are supplied with a white cable 

you have apparently been talking to a colour blind agent who doesn't understand their training material 😉

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I have full fibre with sky, had it installed  back in January  this year, my cable  from the o n t to the hub  that sky sent me is white, no problems  with the Internet , gigafast broadband  900mps 

Kevin451
Topic Author

Yes I agree, my white cable works fine as well and the replacement hub has been working fine for a day so I'm sure the broadband dropouts was due to an issue with the old hub, time will tell, It was the Sky agent who replaced my hub who said he would send me a black/yellow ethernet cable with the new hub to ensure Openreach would look into any future issues without question. I'm happy with my new setup, I'm just asking for a new cable to keep them happy!

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kevin451  It does not matter about the colour of the ethernet cable or the ends. They can be any colour you want them to be. They are all the same mainly with the clables within.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion