Discussion topic: Sky Broadband Superfast Includes Sky Pay As You Talk Includes Sky Broadband Boost, I have NO Boost!

This message was authored by EandA126 This message was authored by: EandA126

Sky Broadband Superfast Includes Sky Pay As You Talk Includes Sky Broadband Boost, I have NO Boost!

My package states Sky Broadband Superfast

Includes Sky Pay As You Talk
Includes Sky Broadband Boost

am I wrong in thinking that I should have a separate booster box to enhance the signal?
if so I've never received one.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Broadband Superfast Includes Sky Pay As You Talk Includes Sky Broadband Boost, I have NO Boo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EandA126 wrote:

This was part of my package, it was only when I looked at what the booster looked like that I have noticed then never sent it.

As noted above a 'booster' is not part of the bundle: one can be claimed retrospectively under the WiFi Guarantee.  BT sends out a booster with their Halo3+ package, but Sky does not with Broadband Boost.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky Broadband Superfast Includes Sky Pay As You Talk Includes Sky Broadband Boost, I have NO Boo

@EandA126 

I thought they were sent out autmatically when you take broadband boost.  Does it say anything in your my sky app your orders?

If not you would need to call sky to request the booster box

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@EandA126 

Boosters aren't sent out as standard. You will need to call Sky about your Wi-Fi and request they issue a booster. They may send an engineer to scope out the situation and improve things as well. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
EandA126
Topic Author

This was part of my package, it was only when I looked at what the booster looked like that I have noticed then never sent it.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

You'll need to give Sky a call @EandA126 to request it 👍🏻

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@EandA126 wrote:

As noted above a 'booster' is not part of the bundle: one can be claimed retrospectively under the WiFi Guarantee.  BT sends out a booster with their Halo3+ package, but Sky does not with Broadband Boost.

EandA126
Topic Author

So Broadband Boost isn't a separate Box?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@EandA126 

Broadband Boost is the rather unfortunate name chosen by Sky to market the subscription supplement.  It is not itself a WiFi 'booster' and does not in fact 'boost broadband' at all.

@EandA126 wrote:

So Broadband Boost isn't a separate Box?

No, it gives line monitoring, a Wi-Fi guarantee of 3mb/s in every room and if a booster (or 2) are needed, they will provide them for you. 

This may help you https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-boost?DCMP=emc-skycom:na_boost

EandA126
Topic Author

So the BOOST is actually a bit of a con then to get another £5 a month out of us!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@EandA126 

It gets you the 'better' Sky Broadband Hub, and used to give access to Sky Broadband Buddy (but not for new subscribers).  I'd say its value is distinctly questionable, particularly as Sky now effectively bundle the WiFi Guarantee (with a Broadband Hub) anyway.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/08/uk-isp-sky-broadband-adds-free-wall-to-wall-wifi-guara... 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@EandA126 wrote:

So the BOOST is actually a bit of a con then to get another £5 a month out of us!

No.

Broadband boost gives you the following benefits;

- Newer Sky hub

- Daily Line checks

- Evening & Weekend engineer visits at no extra cost

- Sky Mobile Data addons if your broadband goes down

- WiFi in every room or your money back. (So if you cant get WiFi in every room Sky will send you a booster for free. If this booster still cant help you'll get a refund on your broadband boost subscription.)

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion