Discussion topic: Simultaneously switching from old provider

This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

Simultaneously switching from old provider

Hello, I'm switching from EE/BT to Sky and EE have sent me a letter telling me I'll be disconnected from their broadband on the 28th March but Sky's activation date is 2nd April that means I'll be without broadband for the whole of Easter. Can this be changed to a rather more simultaneous date?

Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Simultaneously switching from old provider

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CinderKona the system of a switch between two ISPs who use Openreach is designed to give a seamless switch over, It should work by the customer leaving the gaining provider in your case Sky to handle the whole process including liasing with the losing provider in your case BT/EE. It is Openreach who do the work and they will disconnect the old connection and make the new connection as one order. 

This wont work if the customer tries to cancel themselves outside the switch process. See here https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CinderKonaThe break you are seeing is for the Easter holidays. You might have to ask your old provider if the date for disconnection can be changed to the new date.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
CinderKona
Topic Author
This message was authored by CinderKona This message was authored by: CinderKona

Thanks for answering but my old/current provider told me I need to ask Sky to bring forward the date.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@CinderKona  The date is normally the first date that is available to Openreach from the normal 10-14 set out by OFCOM just incase you change your mind and want to reverse it.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@CinderKona the system of a switch between two ISPs who use Openreach is designed to give a seamless switch over, It should work by the customer leaving the gaining provider in your case Sky to handle the whole process including liasing with the losing provider in your case BT/EE. It is Openreach who do the work and they will disconnect the old connection and make the new connection as one order. 

This wont work if the customer tries to cancel themselves outside the switch process. See here https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
CinderKona
Topic Author

Hello,

I am cancelling EE and moving to Sky. I was told there would be minimum disruption and as someone who works from  home - 5 days is not minimum.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@CinderKona 

How did you arrange the move? Did you just take out a package with Sky and tell them you were switching or did you actually contact EE and ask to cancel?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
CinderKona
Topic Author

I contacted both and it is all happening next week - when I am on holiday! Oddly, I had to cancel the Broadband cancellation as it has to work its way through on its own.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion