Discussion topic: Sept 20th, 10 pm onwards horrible experience with Sky Broadband

This message was authored by NarayanM This message was authored by: NarayanM

Sept 20th, 10 pm onwards horrible experience with Sky Broadband

Living in central London and cannot believe Sky type of big brand can do this? Tried with resetting broadband hub and booster but no luck. On 20th Sept night full outage (understandable as it was across the board issue), but now Sky is claiming their engineers have fixed the problem, but my connection keeps getting dropped. No way to connect via phone as great team is busy serving other customers. Keep testing connection and it does tell me, there is an issue around my hub etc. and I should call Sky, calling them but unsure if there is anyone really available to help or there are only bots?

@Sky 

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sept 20th, 10 pm onwards horrible experience with Sky Broadband

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @NarayanM , I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Matt7575 This message was authored by: Matt7575

I'm experiencing the same in West Yorkshire. Dropped out yesterday, and did it again about 5 minutes ago.

I changed provider to Sky when I took out sky glass. I'm only 6 weeks in, and the broadband has dropped more times in the last 2 weeks than my old provider did in 16 years. Its shocking.

I work from home most days, and have Sky glass, so I can't be having it drop signal every other day.

If it carries on I'm going to be logging a complaint because it simply isn't good enough. You would think Sky, being a multi-billion pound corporation, would be able to provide a platinum service, instead of a tin-pot lid one.

I can see a big fine coming Sky's way from Ofcom in the future.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt7575 wrote:

I can see a big fine coming Sky's way from Ofcom in the future.

Your foresight is mistaken: Ofcom almost never intervenes regarding technical issues which cause internet service interruption.  It's important to remember that domestic broadband from any ISP has no particular service level agreement attached to it, and so there's simply no baseline availability figure from which any such fine could be triggered.

Ofcom might well choose to chide or even penalize an ISP for failures in customer service procedures, but that's different to bits arriving (or not arriving) at a router.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
NarayanM
Topic Author

this is painful. started private chat at 10:46 AM and no action. someone keep asking me to share account number in secure manner but don't show a courtesy to help how do, I do that?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@NarayanM  It looks like your query has been escalated you should see a chat bubble and this is how you  interact with the person from Sky.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
NarayanM
Topic Author

yes, I have also now shared account number in secure manner....just someone be available to help...

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@NarayanM 

If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
NarayanM
Topic Author

@Highlinder,

most likely it is fair to say, till the time service is working everything is ok. telling this from my expereince with Sky over 3 years, the moment issue comes, customer have no place to go. I personally feel because of demand, it might be more beneficial for these companies if customer go away...

NarayanM
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 , thanks for sharing and I know. how interesting it is, customer is expected sitting their for 48 hours and wait for someone to bliss. As if customer is at fault. Disclaimer: I was a happy sky customer for over three years, but last three days expereince tells me, time to move on..

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@NarayanM wrote:

how interesting it is, customer is expected sitting their for 48 hours and wait for someone 

@NarayanM 

That's not what I said. You won't have to wait 48 hours. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion