Discussion topic: Scam caller??

This message was authored by NeilBo This message was authored by: NeilBo

Scam caller??

Hi, i had a call from (Removed), the caller started telling me that there is an issue with my Sky broadband and that i needed to check my router. i have Sky services but not broadband. when i told the individual that i dont have this service he got abusive..

i believe this could be a scam caller, could you conform this?

thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Scam caller??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NeilBo 

Sky would never call you and tell you that there is an issue so yes it would have been a scam call.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@NeilBo 

Sky would never call you and tell you that there is an issue so yes it would have been a scam call.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@NeilBo wrote:

i believe this could be a scam caller, could you conform this?

The next step in the scam is to get the victim to install remote access software on a phone or computer.  The caller runs (bogus) diagnostic tests on the broadband and announces that 'compensation' is due, then invites the victim to log into online banking to see this arrive in their account: at this point the scammer has full bank access too with predictably unpleasant results.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion