Discussion topic: Router saying incorrect password when it’s right

This message was authored by Hayley91x This message was authored by: Hayley91x

Router saying incorrect password when it’s right

Hi I can’t connect to my WiFi. It’s saying incorrect password. I’ve tried unplugging/plugging it back in, resetting at the back, resetting network settings from my phone. But still won’t work. Help please x

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Router saying incorrect password when it’s right

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hayley91xto reset the hub it is necessary to press and hold the rest pin for up to 20 seconds if released to early the hub just reboots. If reset properly the default password will work.

If a device is being difficult which does happen  tell the device to forget the connection, reboot it and then read it especially true for TVs - to reboot your tv unplug the mainscand wait for the power light to go out before reconnecting.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hayley91xto reset the hub it is necessary to press and hold the rest pin for up to 20 seconds if released to early the hub just reboots. If reset properly the default password will work.

If a device is being difficult which does happen  tell the device to forget the connection, reboot it and then read it especially true for TVs - to reboot your tv unplug the mainscand wait for the power light to go out before reconnecting.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Hayley91x
Topic Author

@Chrisee @Hi I have held down reset button for 20 seconds and how I only have power and wireless light come on. Internet light was flashing orange 

Hayley91x
Topic Author

@Chrisee wifi is now showing up, tried connecting and still saying incorrect password 

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Hi @Hayley91x when you do a full hub reset it will also default the password so there is no other password it would be than the one written on the underside of the hub. Check this password and make sure you are entering it correctly including any capitals and also check you are connecting to the correct Sky network and not someone else Sky network as the names can be quite similar. Again this information is on the bottom of the hub. Hope this helps. 

Hayley91x
Topic Author

@dmy24 hey I have already tried this 😞 definitely right sky and definitely right password. It has never been changed from the default. I literally don’t know what else to try now 😞

Hi @Hayley91x cant understand why that would be, I have not came across that before. Your only other option is to go to a web browsers and type - 192.168.0.1 (not a google search) to access your hub settings page. If asked for a username and password to enter the username is admin and the password is sky or your wifi password. Go to the wireless tab and scroll down to find WPS2 Password, delete and enter a new password, scroll to the bottom and hit save. Now try and connect to your hub using your new password. Hope this helps. 

Hayley91x
Topic Author

@dmy24 i will try this but do I need WiFi to open this? As I have tried before with my data and it won’t open 

Hi @Hayley91x No you will need a device that is still currently connected to access this. Has all your devices dropped off the wifi and looking for a password? If everyone of your devices is now looking for a password to connect and the default does not work it kinda sounds like the password has been changed, but a full factory reset will always default this back to its factory setting so I cannot work out how it wont let you in. Your last option would be to call Sky and explain the situation and see if they can send out a new router which will have a different network name and password. 

Hayley91x
Topic Author

@dmy24 @Sky password has not been changed and has never been changed. I’ve reset the router a thousand times. Nothing is connected to WiFi. 

Hi @Hayley91x when you reset the router did you hold the reset button for min 15 seconds until the power light flashes green then goes red? Only this will activate a reset. If that didn't work then I am lost for a reason as to why its not connecting, you will need to call Sky and explain the situation and get them to send you out a new router which will fix the issue straight away as it will have a new SSID and password attached to it. Sorry I couldn't fix it for you. 

This message was authored by Travel60 This message was authored by: Travel60

I cannot connect my replacement iPad it saying incorrect password. I haven't changed factory settings and have done all the correct stuff for rebooting. My friends iPhone has the same problem so I feel it's a firewall or something. Please help

This message was authored by Buzzu This message was authored by: Buzzu

I had the same problem and it turned out the password I was supplied was wrong.  Replaced the routet and the password supplied with the second on worked just fine

This message was authored by Christmasjumpers This message was authored by: Christmasjumpers

2 phones and iPad not accepting the WiFi password. Have tried all methods to sort it and rang Apple and they said contact you. 

This message was authored by samaralauren96 This message was authored by: samaralauren96

Having this issue now. Anyone got a correct fix.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion